Windows 10: Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

Discus and support Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all,a somewhat petty question that is bugging me.When I created a VM in our azure subscription, it has the DNS name in the format of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stty1244, Jan 21, 2022.

1. stty1244 Win User

Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

Hi all,a somewhat petty question that is bugging me.When I created a VM in our azure subscription, it has the DNS name in the format of servername.location.cloudapp.azure.comWhich apparently is a FQDNwhere servername is the hostname and location could be northeurope etcHowever when I log onto the server and check its name via ping -a IP or full computer name it comes out as as:servername.acad.ac.ukwhere acad is generic UK institutionApparently that is a FQDN as well.Is there concept of internal and external Azure FQDN - or what I am misunderstanding?many thanks

:)

stty1244, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Azure DNS General Availability

Source: Announcing Azure DNS General Availability | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Azure DNS General Availability

Source: Announcing Azure DNS General Availability | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

Microsoft Azure Backup

Hi Wendy

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to suggest the re-route, but Technet has a lot of experts there that know the ins and outs of Azure. For issues relating to Azure Backup, you should post this question the dedicated forum located on Technet:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/...

Andre for Directly, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

1. Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name... - Similar Threads - Azure DNS name

2. ref=MeContro user name, email addess and AZURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ref=MeContro user name, email addess and AZURE: I am very concerned about the security and privacy of my computer and my personal information. I suspect that someone has hacked into my account or tampered with my settings. I need your help to resolve this issue as soon as possible. While contracting with an IBO. I...
  3. ref=MeContro user name, email addess and AZURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ref=MeContro user name, email addess and AZURE: I am very concerned about the security and privacy of my computer and my personal information. I suspect that someone has hacked into my account or tampered with my settings. I need your help to resolve this issue as soon as possible. While contracting with an IBO. I...
  4. "Couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's domain...: My domain is not available what should I do I was about to withdraw payment from a website but it gave me a message that my domain is not available* Moved from Community Center** Original title: couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System DNS reported that the recipient's...
  5. CNAME with different domain name on Windows DNS server

CNAME with different domain name on Windows DNS server: Hi there,Hope there is someone can help me on this case. I am facing a problem when create a CNAME in forward zone on our internal DNS.Our primary domain is abc.com and have a developing domain abc-dev.com. Both domain are existing in external DNS server, but abc.com only...
  6. Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...: Hi all,a somewhat petty question that is bugging me.When I created a VM in our azure subscription, it has the DNS name in the format of servername.location.cloudapp.azure.comWhich apparently is a FQDNwhere servername is the hostname and location could be northeurope...
  7. Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...

Azure DNS name servername.location.cloudapp.azure.com VS internal FQDN hostname.domain name...: Hi all,a somewhat petty question that is bugging me.When I created a VM in our azure subscription, it has the DNS name in the format of servername.location.cloudapp.azure.comWhich apparently is a FQDNwhere servername is the hostname and location could be northeurope...
  8. Domain Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Name: Hi I am running Windows 10, on both my PC and LAPTOP, and want to connect them as home or work group. How do I do this and how do I find my domain name please. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-name/bc451822-c98e-4ed5-bd33-86bd29d176fb
  9. Azure AD user name with special characters (diacritics)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure AD user name with special characters (diacritics): I have setup an Azure AD user with first name and last name containing diacritics (example ș and ț). At the first login of this user o an computer a profile is created and a folder in \User\ is created too from his first&last name. The issue is that not all application...
  10. Announcing Azure DNS General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Azure DNS General Availability: Today, we are excited to announce the General Availability of Azure DNS. As a global service, it is available for use in all public Azure regions. We announced the Public Preview of Azure DNS at the Ignite conference in May of last year. Since then the service has been...