Windows 10: Azure Kinect backwards compatibility with SDK2.0

Discus and support Azure Kinect backwards compatibility with SDK2.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have a project that utilizes the Kinect v2 for windows via the SDK2.0. With the new Azure Kinect v4 coming out, there seems to be a new SDK4 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DToxing, Sep 9, 2019.

1. DToxing Win User

Azure Kinect backwards compatibility with SDK2.0

We have a project that utilizes the Kinect v2 for windows via the SDK2.0. With the new Azure Kinect v4 coming out, there seems to be a new SDK4 for communications with the device. But I was wondering if there's any method of backwards compatibility to utilize our current SDK2.0 code? Or will we have to re-build it from scratch again?

:)

DToxing, Sep 9, 2019

2. Azure Kinect body tracking not loading

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in using the Azure Kinect body tracking feature on your desktop PC.

I would suggest you to refer the article
    Azure Kinect known issues and troubleshooting
    and see if that helps.

However, if the issue persists you can get assisted support for Azure Kinect through various support options. You can refer the article:

Azure Kinect support options and resources

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Backwards Compatibility

Hi Zachary,

Some games are already backwards compatible on Xbox One from Xbox 360. To check the list of the backwards compatible games, you can visit this

link

If you have comments or suggestions, you are free to post them on our
    Xbox Feedback page
    . You can recommend and vote for the games and features that you want to be available on Xbox.

If you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 9, 2019
  4. klz123 Win User

Azure Kinect body tracking not loading

I have the new Kinect sensor. I followed this guide: Quickstart - Set up Azure Kinect body tracking to set it up. I am able to load the Kinect viewer just fine, but the body tracking is not working. I get the command prompt screen stating
    that CUDA and ONYX are initializing, but the command prompt just disappears and nothing else appears. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything at once, one by one, and everything. It is not working. I am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 display
    adapter on a desktop, so I do not think it is an issue with the graphics.

klz123, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Azure Kinect backwards compatibility with SDK2.0 - Similar Threads - Azure Kinect backwards

2. Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?: I'm trying to see if I can use my windows 11 Product key to install windows 10? I've been told Mixed things about this.Thank you,Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-product-keys-backwards-compatable/e48aeb66-cba6-4830-aa73-00b6b601fe9b
  3. Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Product Keys Backwards Compatable?: I'm trying to see if I can use my windows 11 Product key to install windows 10? I've been told Mixed things about this.Thank you,Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-product-keys-backwards-compatable/e48aeb66-cba6-4830-aa73-00b6b601fe9b
  4. Azure Kinect Viewer recording point cloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Azure Kinect Viewer recording point cloud: Hello. I recorded data from Azure with k4arecorder.exe and it outputs a mkv file with just usual video. Is it possible to record a point cloud and depth information into a file?...
  5. Kinect Studio doesn't see Azure Kinect

Kinect Studio doesn't see Azure Kinect: I have Azure Kinect connected to my Windows 10 laptop, but Kinect Studio shows grey screen with 'Not connected'. Other applications like Azure Kinect Viewer work properly and see Azure. Please help, what the problem might be?...
  6. about Azure Kinect DK

about Azure Kinect DK: Do you have a separate accessory to protect the front of Azure Kinect DK?[ATTACH] Or can I easily replace the front cover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-azure-kinect-dk/09a574e1-42c4-400f-91d3-1a84b97987f8
  7. Azure Kinect body tracking not loading

Azure Kinect body tracking not loading: I have the new Kinect sensor. I followed this guide: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/Kinect-dk/body-sdk-setup to set it up. I am able to load the Kinect viewer just fine, but the body tracking is not working. I get the command prompt screen stating that CUDA and ONYX...
  8. Xbox 360 kinect compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox 360 kinect compatibility: i have questions about the original Xbox 360 kinect software for windows 10 do i use the new versions or the old versions of the SDK Programs? i have the Xbox 360 kinect...
  9. backward compatibility

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    backward compatibility: I am reviewing my order list that includes a 3D printer and many traders are not guaranteeing backward compatibility testing with operating systems. I currently use Windows 10 Home, investing in a laboratory requires more money or investment. Sourced from www.ebay.co.uk,...
  10. Upcoming of Xbox One Backwards Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upcoming of Xbox One Backwards Compatibility: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie Final Fantasy XIII Cars: Race-O-Rama Sonic Unleashed Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (Xbox) SEGA Superstars Tennis Crash: Mind Over Mutant Disney\Pixar's Up video...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kinect cazure compatible with old sdk

2. Azure Kinect v4 SDK4