Windows 10: Azure Migrate Service Error

Discus and support Azure Migrate Service Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.I am in need of some help. Not sure if I did this right, since this is my first time posting here.I have an Azure Migrate server running on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Janus Luther, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Azure Migrate Service Error

Hello.I am in need of some help. Not sure if I did this right, since this is my first time posting here.I have an Azure Migrate server running on a 2022 server, the problem I am having is that a service keeps stopping at around 11 every day. When I look in Event Viewer it says the following "The Microsoft Azure Web App Discovery and Assessment Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 times. The following corrective action will be taken in

:)

Janus Luther, Aug 22, 2022
  2. Don Varnau, Aug 22, 2022
  3. Azure Migration Checklist

Hi, Can you Provide me Azure migration Checklist.

Like Before Migrating application to Cloud, What are the plan of action we need to follow.

Vijay Singh (vsingh), Aug 22, 2022
  4. Azure Migrate Service Error

Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following is

1. Create a RAW image from an on-prem VM.
    2. Convert the RAW image to VHD.
    3. Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.
    4. Convert the Disks to managed disks.
    5. Mount the OS disk to the C drive and other disks respectively.
    Issue - Once we mount the OS disk we are not able to RDP to the machine we have followed the steps suggested in the below links and as usual there are millions of documents and none point in the right direction unfrotunately.

Links followed to figure out options to get this done -

Prepare a Windows VHD to upload to Azure - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Docs - Microsoft documentation.

Create a Windows VM from a specialized VHD in the Azure portal - Azure Virtual Machines - Microsoft documentation.

Upload a VHD to Azure and create a virtual machine - Stephanie Kahlam - Some helpful people created this and

We have tried options

1. Created image from managed disk and tried to initiate the VM and got exception as below
      Provisioning failed.
      OS Provisioning for VM 'demo-1' did not finish in the allotted time. However, the VM guest agent was detected running. This suggests the guest OS has not been properly prepared to be used as a VM image (with CreateOption=FromImage). To resolve this issue, either use the VHD as is with CreateOption=Attach or prepare it properly for use as an image:
      * Instructions for Windows:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-windows-upload-image/
      * Instructions for Linux:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-linux-capture-image/.

and
      the suggested solution 1 to use CreateOption=Attach creates the VM but does not allow us to RDP to the machine so we are assuming it's not booting up. The other option suggested in the hyperlink is to create image using SysPrep which is not an option for us as we are performing a lift and shift.
    I would like to get some guidance from experts on to the right process to follow.

Dalbir Singh (dalbir.monga), Aug 22, 2022
Thema:

Azure Migrate Service Error

1. Azure Migrate Service Error - Similar Threads - Azure Migrate Service

2. Decision making factors for migrating SSAS from Azure VM to Azure Analysis Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Decision making factors for migrating SSAS from Azure VM to Azure Analysis Services: Recently we have upgraded our SSAS resources. Currently our SSAS is on Azure VM costing us based on this VM type 'Standard E32-8s_v3'.I am looking for a way to save more cost by selecting a better option.What can be a good option to save cost and at the same time have better...
  3. Decision making factors for migrating SSAS from Azure VM to Azure Analysis Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decision making factors for migrating SSAS from Azure VM to Azure Analysis Services: Recently we have upgraded our SSAS resources. Currently our SSAS is on Azure VM costing us based on this VM type 'Standard E32-8s_v3'.I am looking for a way to save more cost by selecting a better option.What can be a good option to save cost and at the same time have better...
  4. Decision making factors for migrating SSAS from Azure VM to Azure Analysis Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Azure Migrate Service Error

Azure Migrate Service Error: Hello.I am in need of some help. Not sure if I did this right, since this is my first time posting here.I have an Azure Migrate server running on a 2022 server, the problem I am having is that a service keeps stopping at around 11 every day. When I look in Event Viewer it...
  6. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating On Prem VM to Azure: Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following isCreate a RAW image from an on-prem VM.Convert the RAW image to VHD.Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.Convert the Disks to managed disks.Mount the OS...
  7. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

Migrating On Prem VM to Azure: Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following isCreate a RAW image from an on-prem VM.Convert the RAW image to VHD.Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.Convert the Disks to managed disks.Mount the OS...
  8. ADCS migration to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADCS migration to Azure: Hi,I have been tasked with migrating current standalone root ca and 2 enterprise root ca's to azure as the organization is completely moving to the cloud....even though some legacy apps will still run on premises.What are the points to consider in this case? Any links to...
  9. ADCS migration to Azure

ADCS migration to Azure: Hi,I have been tasked with migrating current standalone root ca and 2 enterprise root ca's to azure as the organization is completely moving to the cloud....even though some legacy apps will still run on premises.What are the points to consider in this case? Any links to...
  10. MIgrate 2012 R2 to 2019 new hardware, no Azure

MIgrate 2012 R2 to 2019 new hardware, no Azure: Hello, I'm working on migrating a 2012 R2 server to 2019 on new hardware and not using Azure all in-house. Is there a step by step list I can use for this? Questions are: If I introduce the 2019 server to the domain, and the workstations are mapped to a unc Server2 or an IP...