Windows 10: azure p2s and express route gw integration

Discus and support azure p2s and express route gw integration in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an usecase, where i need to configure p2s in azure, as well as express route. one gw for p2s and one for express route. i want that vpn client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SucharitaChaudhury, Jul 4, 2022.

1. azure p2s and express route gw integration

I have an usecase, where i need to configure p2s in azure, as well as express route. one gw for p2s and one for express route. i want that vpn client who are using p2s should be able to connect to on premise too. how to make it possible

:)

SucharitaChaudhury, Jul 4, 2022
  2. SB-Chris Win User

Azure client P2S VPN profile will not install

I am unable to connect to my Azure Virtual Gateway via P2S VPN.

I have followed the instructions provided by Microsoft
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-point-to-site-resource-manager-portal
    and was able to accomplish all of them without error until I got to step 12.

When I attempt to run the executable VpnClientSetupAmd64.exe it flags it as malware by Windows Defender SmartScreen, which is a little annoying. I would assume Microsoft would have certified their own software.

I tried to manually set up the VPN profile and got the error "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value". Which sounds like a certificate error. I would like to connect to my virtual network through a P2S VPN connection.

Please advise how I may correct this issue. I would like to connect to my virtual network through a P2S VPN connection.

SB-Chris, Jul 4, 2022
  3. Ole Mas Win User
    Issue with resolving hostnames while connected to p2s Azure VPN

Hi all. Our company has different web apps and web servers hosted at Azure. All people connect to private IPs of those resources via Azure p2s VPN. Everything was good but on some Windows 10 workstations we faced an issue. Some howe it resolves not private
    but public IPs. Looks like DNS settings of the network adapter somehow overrides DNS settings of the VPN connection.
    If set Azure DNS at the network adapter settings it resolves private IP but the workstation doesn't have access to the rest of the world. If I add 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 to the network adapter settings additionally (Azure DNS as primary DNS and 8.8.8.8 as
    secondary DNS) it starts to resolve public IP again.

Is there any way to use the DNS of the VPN connection when need to access Azure resources and the DNS of the network adapter when need to access the rest of the world? Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Ole Mas, Jul 4, 2022
  4. azure p2s and express route gw integration

Microsoft Azure Backup

Hi Wendy

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience of having to suggest the re-route, but Technet has a lot of experts there that know the ins and outs of Azure. For issues relating to Azure Backup, you should post this question the dedicated forum located on Technet:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/...

Andre for Directly, Jul 4, 2022
Thema:

azure p2s and express route gw integration

1. azure p2s and express route gw integration - Similar Threads - azure p2s express

2. Azure P2S Basic Gateway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure P2S Basic Gateway: I have configured Azure P2S Basic gateway in my azure environment. When i try to install the Azure client in domain users account, we are not able to do it. But users having administration rights, are able to install it.Can you please let us know how to proceed connecting to...
  3. Azure P2S Basic Gateway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure P2S Basic Gateway: I have configured Azure P2S Basic gateway in my azure environment. When i try to install the Azure client in domain users account, we are not able to do it. But users having administration rights, are able to install it.Can you please let us know how to proceed connecting to...
  4. Azure P2S Basic Gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. azure p2s and express route gw integration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    azure p2s and express route gw integration: I have an usecase, where i need to configure p2s in azure, as well as express route. one gw for p2s and one for express route. i want that vpn client who are using p2s should be able to connect to on premise too. how to make it possible...
  6. Azure Sentinel integration with 3rd party

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure Sentinel integration with 3rd party: Hello Team, I would like to know if there was any way to integrate our 3rd party antivirus to Azure Sentinel to collect the logs. I am aware that we have connector for specific apps to do he same, but this was not available. Security applications like Trend Micro,...
  7. Issue with resolving hostnames while connected to p2s Azure VPN

Issue with resolving hostnames while connected to p2s Azure VPN: Hi all. Our company have different web apps and web servers hosted at Azure. All people connects to private IPs of those resources via Azure p2s VPN. All was good but on some Windows 10 workstations we faced an issue. Some howe it resolves not private but public IPs. Looks...
  8. Route to the remote station with win route table

Route to the remote station with win route table: Hello, I have three pc's: - Local PC with an ip 192.168.1.100 - Remote PC_1 with an ip 192.168.2.100 - Remote PC_2 with an ip 192.168.2.101 I would like to access remote pc_2 via remote pc_1. On the local pc and remote pc_1 i have enabled routing in the registry. Windows ip...
  9. Azure client P2S VPN profile will not install

Azure client P2S VPN profile will not install: I am unable to connect to my Azure Virtual Gateway via P2S VPN. I have followed the instructions provided by Microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-point-to-site-resource-manager-portal and was able to accomplish all of them without...
  10. Ericsson N5321 gw not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ericsson N5321 gw not working: Hi all, I have a Lenovo X240 with a build in wwan card "ericsson N5321 gw" which is not working on my X240. It was working on Windows 8.1 Enterprise (64bit) with no Problems. After upgrading to Windows 10 9926 and now to 10041 it is not working anymore. Any suggestions?...