Windows 10: Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.

Discus and support Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I want to create a external table in synapse serverlesss database , the data souce from storge csv file. for this csv file have some wrap in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmonS, Nov 30, 2022.

1. EmonS Win User

Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.

Hi,I want to create a external table in synapse serverlesss database , the data souce from storge csv file. for this csv file have some wrap in a column caused a error while load data, error message: Bulk load data conversion error type mismatch or invalid character for the specified codepage for row 2, column 24 ID in data file.....Let me type special content here from that column. and can you help? attached the column included the data dummy data here:CUUITED STAOCT LABEL SEWN ,LEL, O TRAIX HE N, S T: - Y F IN SL E N T FRO SE O T L IN H - C BE IF OR PRINTED WITHL - FK, CK. FS, CD. F

:)

EmonS, Nov 30, 2022
  2. angryvoucher, Nov 30, 2022
  3. tcollar Win User
    Combine multiple CSV files by column, not by row

I have ~100 CSV files that I want to combine into one single Excel spreadsheet (everything in one tab, not in separate tabs). These CSV files are identical in format: each contains 4,000 rows and 2 columns with header, about 60 KB in size.

All solutions I've found so far append the next CSV at the end of the last row of the active tab. I haven't seen one that can append new CSVs to the columns immediate to the right of last column.

Here're some examples.

1. DOS copy method: copy *.csv merge.txt
    2. This solution. (VBA script.)
    3. Using Excel's Data>New Query>From File>From Folder (Excel 2013) .

There are also examples with Windows Powershell scripts to merge CSV files on the internet.

All of the above create a single Excel spreadsheet with about 400,000 rows of data, which is useless to me.

I'd appreciate suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks!

Edit. An easy solution is found: using r's cbind() to combine the data in a data frame and then write it to a csv. The entire process took ~3 seconds. Right tool for the job!

Thanks to everyone for contributing. Cheers,

--tcollar

tcollar, Nov 30, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap. [​IMG]

- this list:

Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap. [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap. - Similar Threads - Azure synapse serverless

2. html to csv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    html to csv: I am having trouble getting a file that isn't in a box downloaded from a website with html to csv so I can alter info in excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-to-csv/8477dd64-97c6-4ad5-8f7c-e1df15d43541
  3. html to csv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    html to csv: I am having trouble getting a file that isn't in a box downloaded from a website with html to csv so I can alter info in excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-to-csv/8477dd64-97c6-4ad5-8f7c-e1df15d43541
  4. html to csv

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.: Hi,I want to create a external table in synapse serverlesss database , the data souce from storge csv file. for this csv file have some wrap in a column caused a error while load data, error message: Bulk load data conversion error type mismatch or invalid character for the...
  6. Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.

Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.: Hi,I want to create a external table in synapse serverlesss database , the data souce from storge csv file. for this csv file have some wrap in a column caused a error while load data, error message: Bulk load data conversion error type mismatch or invalid character for the...
  7. Create csv file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create csv file: How do I create a csv file from, my contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-csv-file/5f2fe32c-02eb-4a33-8f07-ff325c25e4a1
  8. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  9. Preview csv file no avaiable

Preview csv file no avaiable: I can't preview csv file on my laptop . This message is "No preview avaiable" I have installed Office 365 64bit , win 10 pro 64 bit. Excel version 16.0.11328.20420 . Anyone can help me ? Thanks...
  10. I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?

I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?: I am try to transfer contacts from Windows phone to android via outlook - but I am struggle to create a CSV file out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-canot-create-a-csv-file-out-of-contacts/e42bd4ed-5e52-4bc0-b9d8-67ce2406365f