Windows 10: Azure tried to charge me for a free trial

Discus and support Azure tried to charge me for a free trial in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I wanted to get the AZ-900 exam and I was following the AZ-900 course from Andrew brown from exampro. Now i need a account because i have all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gigaguy, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Gigaguy Win User

Azure tried to charge me for a free trial

So I wanted to get the AZ-900 exam and I was following the AZ-900 course from Andrew brown from exampro. Now i need a account because i have all the stuff covered up and I can't move along without it so I asked my father to give me one of his credit cards and and after entering the info on my side I got a error that said the information is incorrect and at the card's side my father got a SMS from the bank telling us that the card was declined and we need to activate it in order to complete the payment which meant that azure tried to charge us even though I was signing up for a trial and it sai

:)

Gigaguy, Jul 7, 2021

2. Free trial version of Microsoft Azure IoT Suite for understanding and experimentation

I want to use Microsoft Azure IoT Suite for understanding and experimentation.

Basically I want to develop a sample application using Azure IoT.

For that I click on link “Free Trial” -> “Try It Now“, options available on Microsoft Azure IoT web site.

Then It take me to the page where I need to sign up with page title as Microsoft Azure.

If I use my personal account to log in to Microsoft Azure web site, on sign up page for Azure IoT it asks me credit card details.

And when I use my professional account (provided by my company) then it does not ask for credit card details, why so?

Also when I login to Microsoft Azure IoT using my professional account and when sign up for Microsoft Azure,

will it get charged to my professional account?

For now I need free trial only.

Pradeep_Patil, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's

Having had a bit luck, I have one normal MSDN subscription and an additional subscription through MPN membership paid by my ex partners. Both of these subscriptions give me €130 monthly Azure credits, a total of €260. Depending on your MSDN subscription level (or rather Visual Studio subscription as it's known today) you will get €45 (£40 / $50), €85 (£75 / $100) or €130 (£115 / $150) monthly Azure credits.

More: Monthly Azure credit for Visual Studio subscribers

In my case my credits have always been enough to pay for my use of Windows Server in Azure although I have to admit that as I want to / need to keep it free I only use as basic services as possible (each core / GB RAM / GB HDD costs extra). The new Azure Cost Calculator is quite easy to use and gives surprisingly accurate cost estimates: Pricing calculator | Microsoft Azure

The best way to find out the real cost (in my opinion) is to use the free 30 day Azure trial offer with comes with 170 credits, set up the service you need or are interested in and after the trial period see if cost meets your expectations. The trial requires a valid credit card but nothing is charged, even if you use the free credits before trial period runs out the service will stop, it will not continue by charging your card.

Azure trial: Microsoft Azure: Cloud Computing Platform Services

Kari, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Azure tried to charge me for a free trial

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Azure tried to charge me for a free trial pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Azure tried to charge me for a free trial

1. Azure tried to charge me for a free trial - Similar Threads - Azure tried charge

2. Azure Charged me and I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Charged me and I don't know why.: Yesterday I got a charge from Microsoft and I didn't know what it was so I disputed it with my bank and cancelled my debit card. It was $7.38.Today I get an email from Microsoft telling me I was being billed for Azure services I set up like a month ago. I was under the...
  3. Microsoft Store IFax App charged me $149.99 for Basic Plan.. It says Free Trial

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store IFax App charged me $149.99 for Basic Plan.. It says Free Trial: Hi I need the REFUND of $149.99 for the Plan that was given to understand as Free. The support of Microsoft is horrible and I am not sure how a individual user will ever get the support from MS for the issue they are facing. All the links come back to same search pages there...
  4. Free Trials

Free Trials: How do I tell what MS trials I have in effect?> When do they expire, and how much will I be charged? How do I cancel them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trials/79bf1cea-d159-44d9-a538-4badc4ac1f1b
  5. free trial

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    free trial: Hi I was given the advice to download macrium reflect free trial,the trial only last for so long so what do you do when your trial has ended,how can you use your back up image you make? 177618
  6. realm free trial

realm free trial: I am trying to use me month trial of realms on java but cant get mojang to accept my credit card."There was an error when saving Card information IllegalArgumentException: There was a problem processing your credit card, please double check your data and try again." is the...
  7. Cancelled a subscription before free trial ended but still got charged for it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancelled a subscription before free trial ended but still got charged for it: I started the free trial of minecraft realms with 10 players and It told me I must cancel before the 15th and I did just that on the day before. But now I have been charged for it and I cannot cancel it and have to wait another month for it to autocancel, how do I get a...
  8. Minecraft free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft free trial: I am trying to download the minecraft free trial. I press get free trial then it loads a bit and says you have a trial for this game then next to it is a button that says install on my devices but when I press that it says that there are no applicable devices and shows a...
  9. minecraft free trial

minecraft free trial: I want to download the minecraft free trial but when i have to select a device my laptop does not appear. Any suggestions as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-free-trial/40c03ebf-78e6-4d0e-bf03-61d9c805a2fa"
  10. Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over?

Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over?: I downloaded a free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 through the Microsoft Store. Will I automatically be charged for the app once the trial is over or will the app just become unavailable? Thanks!...