Windows 10: Azure users asked for TOTP

Discus and support Azure users asked for TOTP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I have multiple users who, starting last week on the same day, are seeing a new sign in screen every time their computers lock or start up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DarcyLougheed, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Azure users asked for TOTP

Hello,I have multiple users who, starting last week on the same day, are seeing a new sign in screen every time their computers lock or start up. Rather than showing their name and asking for a password, the login screen now shows Other User asking for username, password, and TOTP. Underneath the login field there are sign in options, which allow to sign in normally.What is more interesting, this issue affected multiple companies across different tenants on the same day, and one of the users has never set up any form of multi-factor authentication on her account.Group policy has been scoured a

:)

DarcyLougheed, Oct 12, 2021

2. Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple
    of issues, but wanted to get others thoughts on it before we reload the system.

Steps taken so far are:

• try other Azure Users, same error
    • create and login with a local account
    • disconnect and reconnect to Azure AD
    One of the issues being that we cannot disconnect the system. The disconnect button warns of the consequences, then proceeds to do nothing.

Any other troubleshooting steps to try or is it time to wipe and reload?

richardthompson21, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Azure users asked for TOTP

Azure AD Banned Password List without On-Prem Agent

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Azure AD Banned Password list without On-Prem agent.

We do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Azure AD, let me point you in the right direction, where you may find appropriate support for the issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Q&A, where we have support professionals to address your query.

Article for reference:

I hope your query gets resolved at the earliest.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Azure users asked for TOTP

1. Azure users asked for TOTP - Similar Threads - Azure users asked

2. I am creating an Azure chatbot with QnA Maker. I want a log of questions asked by users and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am creating an Azure chatbot with QnA Maker. I want a log of questions asked by users and...: I am creating an Azure chatbot with QnA Maker. I want a log of questions asked by users and what replies the chatbot gave. Is this possible in Azure Chatbot?...
  3. I am creating an Azure chatbot with QnA Maker. I want a log of questions asked by users and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am creating an Azure chatbot with QnA Maker. I want a log of questions asked by users and...: I am creating an Azure chatbot with QnA Maker. I want a log of questions asked by users and what replies the chatbot gave. Is this possible in Azure Chatbot?...
  4. Adding an Azure User to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an Azure User to Windows 11: I'm on a Windows 11 Pro PC trying to add a new user. In family and Other Users, I tried to add the user under "other users" but since this is an Office 365 user and not a Microsoft user, I cannot add the user here. Trying something different, I tried to add a work account,...
  5. Adding an Azure User to Windows 11

Adding an Azure User to Windows 11: I'm on a Windows 11 Pro PC trying to add a new user. In family and Other Users, I tried to add the user under "other users" but since this is an Office 365 user and not a Microsoft user, I cannot add the user here. Trying something different, I tried to add a work account,...
  6. Can't add azure user account into work or school users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add azure user account into work or school users: I can't add my azure AD account to my laptop also I have checked other laptop works fine it's something went weird with this one, please guide...
  7. Can't add azure user account into work or school users

Can't add azure user account into work or school users: I can't add my azure AD account to my laptop also I have checked other laptop works fine it's something went weird with this one, please guide...
  8. Azure users asked for TOTP

Azure users asked for TOTP: Hello,I have multiple users who, starting last week on the same day, are seeing a new sign in screen every time their computers lock or start up. Rather than showing their name and asking for a password, the login screen now shows Other User asking for username, password, and...
  9. Azure users asked for TOTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure users asked for TOTP: Hello,I have multiple users who, starting last week on the same day, are seeing a new sign in screen every time their computers lock or start up. Rather than showing their name and asking for a password, the login screen now shows Other User asking for username, password, and...
  10. Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up

Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up: We have a laptop here that has a local account Through adding on Access Work/School I was able to connect it to our azure. It then told me that when I'm "ready" I can switch accounts. However there is no other user to switch to. When looking at the list of Users, Your...