Windows 10: azure vm for testing

Discus and support azure vm for testing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by calcc, May 3, 2022.

1. calcc Win User

azure vm for testing

Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again. Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?many thanks

:)

calcc, May 3, 2022

2. Azure Guest VM

I have created Few VMs in Windows Server 2016 Hosted in Azure. When I open the VMs in full screen mode, i don't see any options to move back to Base System i.e Windows Server 2016

Any help here ?

SabarishNatarajan, May 3, 2022
  3. Using Azure VM as KMS server

Hello Everyone,

I have Azure subscription and have created windows 10 vm on azure. Now I want to configure this vm as KMS host to activate my local windows 10 clients machines. I have KMS host key. Can anyone provide me a guide or something like that? I have all necessary
    resources to do this but I have no enough experiences on azure.

Thanks in advances!

Ilyas Novruzlu, May 3, 2022
  4. azure vm for testing

The correct way to mount an Azure Windows Share

Here is my goal:

• I'd like to have an Azure Windows Share folder that I can mount both in my Windows Azure VM and on my Local Computer.
    • I'd like to be able to read and write to files in this share from both the Azure VM and my Local Computer
    • I am not necessarily trying to use a VPN
    Here is my starting point:

• I have a Windows Azure account
    • I have used the PowerShell scripts to create a Windows Azure VM (With Windows Server 2016 DataCenter)
    • I have logged into my Azure VM
    • I have created a Storage Account (with an Account Key) in my Azure Portal
    • I have attempted to follow the instructions in this article: Mount SMB Azure file share on Windows | Microsoft Docs
    Here is my problem:

• I am confused on when it says to open Port 445. Port 445 appears to be open on the VM, but the share should be separate from the VM, correct? Where then am I supposed to open port 445? Is there a different machine that I should be accessing via PowerShell
      commands?

Also, is there another way to accomplish my goal (see "Here is my goal" section above") given where I am starting from?

Michael Plautz, May 3, 2022
Thema:

azure vm for testing

1. azure vm for testing - Similar Threads - azure testing

2. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  3. Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Azure Account Deletion Issue: We are moving everyone at our company over from local accounts to Azure-linked accounts. On my laptop, I wanted to see what would happen if someone else logged into it using their Microsoft credentials. They were able to do so successfully. They now show up in the log in...
  4. how can i change the language of azure DevOps server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the language of azure DevOps server: hi, I want to change my azure devops server language other than English. but unable to success. I applied some changes on Azure server 2020, by changing language at my profile > local > language. the impact was on several areas except work items type.Changes at Azure services...
  5. how can i change the language of azure DevOps server

how can i change the language of azure DevOps server: hi, I want to change my azure devops server language other than English. but unable to success. I applied some changes on Azure server 2020, by changing language at my profile > local > language. the impact was on several areas except work items type.Changes at Azure services...
  6. Azure Stack HCI Failover Cluster Test report Domain Controller Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Stack HCI Failover Cluster Test report Domain Controller Error.: Hello Everyone, we have recently deployed 3 different dell nodes for Azure stack HCI and everything was ok so far but now, when we setup a failover cluster for the nodes, and ran a test which shows us all the configuration in place, here we are getting a error message that...
  7. Azure Stack HCI Failover Cluster Test report Domain Controller Error.

Azure Stack HCI Failover Cluster Test report Domain Controller Error.: Hello Everyone, we have recently deployed 3 different dell nodes for Azure stack HCI and everything was ok so far but now, when we setup a failover cluster for the nodes, and ran a test which shows us all the configuration in place, here we are getting a error message that...
  8. azure vm for testing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    azure vm for testing: Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again. Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?many thanks...
  9. azure vm for testing

azure vm for testing: Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again. Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?many thanks...
  10. Penetration testing on a Windows 10 Azure resource

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Penetration testing on a Windows 10 Azure resource: I recently deployed a Kali Distro on my Azure tenant and then also a very basic Win10 VM. I then created a very basic IIS site and started information gathering using Nikto, nmap and other tools. My aim is to see logs as to what packets and traffic is hitting the server, in...