Windows 10: b instead of 6 on keyboard

Discus and support b instead of 6 on keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I have a problem that when I want to type '6' on keyboard it types 'b' instead. How to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Svitlana____, May 21, 2022.

1. b instead of 6 on keyboard

Hi!I have a problem that when I want to type '6' on keyboard it types 'b' instead. How to fix it?

:)

Svitlana____, May 21, 2022

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 21, 2022
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 21, 2022
  4. Darshan J Win User

b instead of 6 on keyboard

When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, May 21, 2022
Thema:

b instead of 6 on keyboard

1. b instead of 6 on keyboard - Similar Threads - instead keyboard

2. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  3. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  4. Why does keyboard type: 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel?

Why does keyboard type: 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel?: Keyboard type 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel. This absolutely ludicrous. It never happened before but with a new laptop.- I live in Germany but all preferred/set languages are to English US, including the one from keyboard.- Excel, Options,...
  5. Why does keyboard type: 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does keyboard type: 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel?: Keyboard type 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel. This absolutely ludicrous. It never happened before but with a new laptop.- I live in Germany but all preferred/set languages are to English US, including the one from keyboard.- Excel, Options,...
  6. Why does keyboard type: 01/03 returns as March 1st instead of January 3rd in Excel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My keyboard is using shortcuts instead of actual keys, how do i fix this issue?

My keyboard is using shortcuts instead of actual keys, how do i fix this issue?: When i type m it shows /mv, when i type s in firefox it shows history settings, it's not typing the characters on the keyboard, it's more like shortcuts...
  8. My keyboard is using shortcuts instead of actual keys, how do i fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard is using shortcuts instead of actual keys, how do i fix this issue?: When i type m it shows /mv, when i type s in firefox it shows history settings, it's not typing the characters on the keyboard, it's more like shortcuts...
  9. My keyboard is using shortcuts instead of actual keys, how do i fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Keyboard gives quotation marks instead of comma

Keyboard gives quotation marks instead of comma: My comma key gives me quotation marks " " instead of a comma. Only when I hit backspace once does it change into a comma. This is very annoying when I'm trying to type formulas into excel. This started relatively recently. Perhaps just 2 months ago. I'm not sure if this was...