Windows 10: B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

Discus and support B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently got round to upgrading my PC with a i5-12600k and the B660M-A board with Wi-Fi.All is good performance wise especially with games however the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt Willis, Jun 26, 2022.

1. B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

Recently got round to upgrading my PC with a i5-12600k and the B660M-A board with Wi-Fi.All is good performance wise especially with games however the wi-fi is just shocking. Installed all the drivers and utilities.Before I would easily reach 5MB/s on the old PC but now with the upgrade it's average is 33.8 kB/s.The B660M board uses an Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter.My old PC uses an Intel 3168NGWPC is in the exact same place as the old one.Any ideas on what can be done? I'm wondering if it's a faulty wi-fi card/antenna.Many thanks

:)

Matt Willis, Jun 26, 2022

2. Slow Wi Fi speed

I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow.

My drivers are updated.

What should I do ?

JacobAbraham1, Jun 26, 2022
  3. WI FI SPEED SLOW DOWN AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10

I have wi-fi router having Ethernet as well as wi-fi port, on LAN internet speed is good i.e. same as win 8.1. But on WI-FI port internet speed is slow down.

I have Macfee Antivirus i.e. came along with Laptop.

NEETHASHIRGAVE, Jun 26, 2022
  4. B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

Extremely slow speeds on wi-fi (win10)

I'm having a lot of problems with win10 lately... Now my speed connection sucks! I can get more than 3mbps on Wi-Fi.

1- Checked router- OK

2- Internet speed on iPhone: 305mbps

3- Internet speed on iPad: 298mbps

4- Internet speed on PC (hotwire): 395mbps

5- Internet speed on PC (Wi-Fi): 3mbps

First device manager said I had the latest driver for my network adapter - Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 - wrong!!

I found a newer version and reinstalled the hardware with the new driver (8/1/2017) but speed is still slow as my old dial-up.

Any advices out there?

TedFlanders, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

1. B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds - Similar Threads - B660M WiFi DDR4

2. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  3. B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    B660M-A WiFi DDR4 incredibly Slow Wi-fi speeds: Recently got round to upgrading my PC with a i5-12600k and the B660M-A board with Wi-Fi.All is good performance wise especially with games however the wi-fi is just shocking. Installed all the drivers and utilities.Before I would easily reach 5MB/s on the old PC but now with...
  4. Download Speed incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speed incredibly Slow: Windows Version 2004 My download speed on my pc is incredibly slow for every application, capping out at around 600 kilobytes per second. All of my browsers (Opera GX, Brave, Chrome) and Steam have incredibly slow download speed for no explicable reason. Task Manager reports...
  5. Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow

Wi-Fi receiving speed is high but it is working slow: So my question is that when I open task manager and see the network speed, it is around 10Mbps, but when I open Chrome and load websites; they load slowly, so I run speed tests on websites like fast.com and speedtest.net, the speed stays between 0.5-1Mbps. While these tests...
  6. Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC

Slow Wi-Fi internet Speed on PC: Hi, I'm having persistent problems with slow Internet speeds via Wi-Fi on my PC as compared to my mobile phone and laptop . When I run speed test on the three devices that are in the same position in the house I get the following :- device download speed upload...
  7. Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-FI speed after network reset: So I've been having a lot of issues with my laptops network connection ever since I bought it about six months ago. It is an MSI I7 9750H but I am not sure of the exact model. To start whenever I would startup a game and get to about 20 seconds of active use, it would boot me...
  8. Wi-Fi Speed

Wi-Fi Speed: I'm new to win 10, how can I get the interface WiFi to tell me the speed of it? Thanks, Alex https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-speed/4cf93055-5685-4352-8878-58fae7af66b6
  9. Slow Wi Fi speed

Slow Wi Fi speed: I have Windows 10 on my DELL Inspiron 2020 PC. When connected to the router using the LAN cable I get very good download speed. However when I connect using Wi Fi the speed is very slow. My drivers are updated. What should I do ?...
  10. Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow

Wired connection is fine, but Wi-Fi is incredibly slow: Hello, I've had a problem for a few weeks now. The internet connection on the computer the router's wired to is working as intended, however the wireless connection is just a lot worse. On other devices, instead of 50-60 Mbps, the speed is about 1-3 Mbps (according to an...