Windows 10: back arrow in IE explorer

Discus and support back arrow in IE explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a problem with the back arrow when trying to go back to the beginning page that I started, It only backs so far then no farther, Why is this?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MrGaryD, Dec 9, 2015.

1. MrGaryD Win User

back arrow in IE explorer

I have a problem with the back arrow when trying to go back to the beginning page that I started, It only backs so far then no farther, Why is this?

Thanks, Gary

:)

MrGaryD, Dec 9, 2015

2. UI question: how to return "upwards" in an application

The "back" button takes you to the previous screen that was open so if IE was open then you navigated to a few other apps then opened IE, it would go back to the previous screen (an app you had open) not the previous page you had open in IE.

Knowing that, if you navigate away from IE then intend on going back to it, LONG PRESS on the back button so you see the previous pages and scroll over to IE and click on it. NOW you will be able to use the back button to go to previous pages that were
    open in IE.

(the same is true for the Music app)

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge Most Recent Viewed Pages

When browsing with Internet Explorer I can see a list of most recently viewed web pages by right clicking on the back arrow. When using Edge if I right click on the back arrow nothing happens. Is this feature not available in Edge. I can view history
    after a number clicks and it is not tab specific. Finding a recent viewed page was easier in IE. Is my Edge working properly? Does right clicking on the back arrow do nothing if Edge is working properly?

Don New User, Dec 9, 2015
  4. back arrow in IE explorer

How long have you had this problem.
    Can you post as much information as possible
    Also I don't use IE11 but will try and help you as much as I can

hTconeM9user, Dec 9, 2015
  5. MrGaryD Win User
    If I do a google search and find what I am looking for and go to the web site look through a couple pages on the site and not find exactly what I want and try to go back to google I can only get back to the home page I selected from google.

MrGaryD, Dec 9, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    Hi Gary,

I do use IE11 and have occasionally come across something similar. What usually happens is that the google page is returning you back to the page you selected and so it does not appear to go back at all.

There are two ways around this -

1)click and hold on the back arrow button until the list of all pages visited shows and then you can select the one you want.
    2) click the back arrow two or three times quickly and it will force you back through to the Google page.

philc43, Dec 9, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    How about Right click at the Back arrow ?
    Go back to Google page is among the list after right clicking at Back arrow.

davidhk, Dec 9, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

That works for me. Adding a tracking protection list helps also.

9. MrGaryD Win User
    thanks guys I'll give that shot and see if it works for me.

MrGaryD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. back arrow in IE explorer - Similar Threads - arrow explorer

2. Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...: I've restored the favorites link in the file explorer navigation pane in Windows 10 with a registry tweak, however there is no arrow or dropdown menu effectively making it useless. I've done so much searching on how to fix this issue but it seems nobody else has ever come...
  3. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  4. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  5. White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer: How do I eliminate the white arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer, Windows 11 Home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-in-green-boxes-on-my-picture-icons-in/4cc8bcde-e726-4c3c-a318-6a1982072fbf
  6. White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer

White arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer: How do I eliminate the white arrows in green boxes on my picture icons in Windows Explorer, Windows 11 Home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-arrows-in-green-boxes-on-my-picture-icons-in/4cc8bcde-e726-4c3c-a318-6a1982072fbf
  7. Explorer preview pane - PDF - up arrow doesn't work Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer preview pane - PDF - up arrow doesn't work Win10: Win10 - Windows Explorer - Preview Pane - select a PDF - it displays fine. Using the navigation arrows in the preview pane, I'm able to navigate with the down arrow, but the up arrow does not work.I am able to right-click in the preview and navigate that way.I am also able to...
  8. Explorer preview pane - PDF - up arrow doesn't work Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer preview pane - PDF - up arrow doesn't work Win10: Win10 - Windows Explorer - Preview Pane - select a PDF - it displays fine. Using the navigation arrows in the preview pane, I'm able to navigate with the down arrow, but the up arrow does not work.I am able to right-click in the preview and navigate that way.I am also able to...
  9. Explorer preview pane - PDF - up arrow doesn't work Win10

10. Windows Explorer taskbar icon has changed to a blue down arrow???

Windows Explorer taskbar icon has changed to a blue down arrow???: After restarting my PC a few days ago, I noticed something strange. When I opened a couple of explorer windows, they weren't attached to the explorer icon I have pinned on my taskbar. They were attached to a brand new icon, a single blue arrow pointing down. How do I get rid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrowbackup windows explorer