Windows 10: Back Button erratic

Discus and support Back Button erratic in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Back Button erratic

For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several screen changes during normal internet browsing.

Is there a control I have missed?

Thank you.

Phil

:)

muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018

2. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Oct 11, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Back Button erratic

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Back Button erratic

1. Back Button erratic - Similar Threads - Button erratic

2. Windows 10 - Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Taskbar Buttons: Good afternoon all, I have a laptop that has Windows 10 OS, I also have an additional screen that I work on. The issue I have is that then I have multiple buttons open on the task bar I have it set that do not combine the buttons so I can see each of open application for...
  3. Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue)

in Browsers and Email
    Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue): I have just figured out how to move the buttons for my add-ons to underneath the the main buttons area. Which makes my browser look a bit more organized and clean. But I still have problems with the buttons that are inside the main search bar. Like the "Toggle Reader View"...
  4. Print screen button not working. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print screen button not working. How can I fix it?: I run Windows 10 and use Dropbox for photos (camera uploads to share) and screenshots. Not having "print screen" available is disabling many of the things I do. Please help me get it back the way it was? Did Windows add another update that spoiled this function? My...
  5. Windows Resources Button

Windows Resources Button: I am writing to recommend a feature for the Windows OS. I know the OS perform multiple tasks at once but, it would be nice to have a popup or button giving you the choice to assign all resources to your current intended task. Let’s say I want to transfer large media files...
  6. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: I prefer using the left mouse button to launch the Windows menu PopUp.Now the right mouse button does this.How do I change it in Win10 Home ? TIA Bob 132919
  7. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: I prefer using the left mouse button to launch the Windows menu PopUp.Now the right mouse button does this.How do I change it in Win10 Home ? TIA Bob 132919
  8. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working

Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start button not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...
  9. My Start button and Task Bar do not respond

My Start button and Task Bar do not respond: Any suggestions /obviously cannot add question mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-task-bar-do-not-respond/cf5e8380-c786-49ff-8b05-9caeeed98bfa
  10. Start button - taskbar

Start button - taskbar: I like how Windows 8 did not have the start button. When they updated to Windows 10, the least they could have done is give us the option of having it on the taskbar, like the Cortana thing. Who clicks on the button anyways? Please recommend if I can do anything to remove...