Windows 10: Back Button erratic

Discus and support Back Button erratic in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Back Button erratic

For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several screen changes during normal internet browsing.

Is there a control I have missed?

Thank you.

Phil

:)

muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018

2. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Oct 11, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Back Button erratic

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Back Button erratic

1. Back Button erratic - Similar Threads - Button erratic

2. Can't use delete button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't use delete button: I've got updated Windows 10 on latest update, but I encountered with cannot use delete button to delete files, but CTRL + ALT + DEL is fine to use security options (before begin updates is fine), Is it block to use delete button to accidentally delete files ?, what do I do...
  3. Technical issue - mouse buttons "manual" customizing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical issue - mouse buttons "manual" customizing?: I own an old Labtec mouse (model M-BAA130) which I'm using in Win10 64. The mouse is working regularly for standard operation, but I can't perform any advanced configuration (side buttons, middle click and so on) because the OS "sees" it as a standard MS PS/2. Needless to...
  4. Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The middle button on a mouse is typically used for scrolling through File Explorer with tons or file or long pages on the web. But did you know that it can do more than just scrolling? Today we will talk [...] This post Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle...
  5. My Period button does not work on keyboard but if i press shift and period > works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Period button does not work on keyboard but if i press shift and period > works: My Period button does not work on keyboard but if i press shift and period > works and ive tried a few different keyboards. I have to use the number pad one and its quite annoying.......
  6. Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Win 10 1809 - Add a folder button does nothing: Problem with Microsoft Photos App since upgrade to Win10-1809 Selecting add a folder does nothing on my desktop PC (It works on my laptop and I understand how it is supposed to function) I have removed photos app and reloaded from Windows store - no difference [ATTACH]...
  7. I'm trying to delete files I highlight files to be dleted, press delete button nothing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm trying to delete files I highlight files to be dleted, press delete button nothing...: I'm trying to delete files I highlight them and press delete button but nothing happens. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-delete-files-i-highlight-files-to-be/5d7924e5-1bd8-4591-897c-87411e4b6959"
  8. Windows 10 Start Button and Task Bar Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Button and Task Bar Issues: On my NEW Lenovo desktop, the Windows 10 start button and task bar stopped functioning. This seemed to happen after the PC suddenly launched into what seemed to be an "automatic update," that I did not initiate! Now I'm wondering if this, itself, was a bug??? I have tried...
  9. Windows update freezes @ varying percent, requiring holding power button. Persists across...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update freezes @ varying percent, requiring holding power button. Persists across...: When attempting to perform a windows update, the update will freeze, typically around the 80% mark. This is most noticeably marked by the spinning circle no longer moving. I have attempted leaving it at this point for several days to no avail. Upon holding the power button to...
  10. No WIFI button on my computer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WIFI button on my computer on Windows 10: This is a reoccurring problem for me. Solutions have worked but nothing prevents the problem from coming back. Please take the time to actually READ my post. You will notice that whatever you're about to copy and paste down there I've already tried here. Please don't make...