Windows 10: Back Button erratic

Discus and support Back Button erratic in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Back Button erratic

For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several screen changes during normal internet browsing.

Is there a control I have missed?

Thank you.

Phil

:)

muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018

2. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Oct 11, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Back Button erratic

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Back Button erratic

1. Back Button erratic - Similar Threads - Button erratic

2. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  3. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  4. Login Doesn't work on windows 11 only sign in button shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Doesn't work on windows 11 only sign in button shows: As you've seen the title login isn't working I am only getting a sign in button which to isn't working after pressing on it it keeps giving the same page. Not even password box is appearing.I have also tried logging in safe mode but still it stopped at sign in welcome page....
  5. Login Doesn't work on windows 11 only sign in button shows

Login Doesn't work on windows 11 only sign in button shows: As you've seen the title login isn't working I am only getting a sign in button which to isn't working after pressing on it it keeps giving the same page. Not even password box is appearing.I have also tried logging in safe mode but still it stopped at sign in welcome page....
  6. Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button: My Caps Lock was working perfectly normally today until about an hour ago. I run a program called TypeWell for work; while in the TypeWell window, it started rapidly turning on and off and flicking an indicator UI on my computer screen. I frequently need to use the Caps Lock...
  7. Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button

Suddenly glitchy Caps Lock Button: My Caps Lock was working perfectly normally today until about an hour ago. I run a program called TypeWell for work; while in the TypeWell window, it started rapidly turning on and off and flicking an indicator UI on my computer screen. I frequently need to use the Caps Lock...
  8. Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out: My game bar looks like this:-My Captures Setting looks like this, "Recording Preferences" is completely empty.I have tried the solution of regedit on the following post but still it's not...
  9. Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out

Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out: My game bar looks like this:-My Captures Setting looks like this, "Recording Preferences" is completely empty.I have tried the solution of regedit on the following post but still it's not...
  10. My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Apostrophe and Enter buttons are using the Control Key? *Read Description*: I am using Windows 11, and recently I have been having this issue where I could not use the apostrophe and the enter button properly on my keyboard. Pressing the apostrophe button would actually do nothing. However, opening On-Screen Keyboards, it shows that whenever the...