Windows 10: Back Button erratic

Discus and support Back Button erratic in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Back Button erratic

For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several screen changes during normal internet browsing.

Is there a control I have missed?

Thank you.

Phil

:)

muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018

2. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Oct 11, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Back Button erratic

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Back Button erratic

1. Back Button erratic - Similar Threads - Button erratic

2. LAPTOP KEYBOARD BACK BUTTON NOT FULLY FUNCTIONING AFTER OCTOBER UPATE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LAPTOP KEYBOARD BACK BUTTON NOT FULLY FUNCTIONING AFTER OCTOBER UPATE?: Good day, I just did the latest ( October) update. My keyboard back button works for typing, but does not take me back to the previous web page? Please help....
  3. "Share" Button missing in File Explorer for Nearby Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Share" Button missing in File Explorer for Nearby Sharing: I enabled the Nearby Sharing option from the action centre, but cannot find any Share button in the Share tab of an explorer! How can I use Nearby Sharing? [ATTACH]...
  4. Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working: Two days ago I ran in this problem: Start Button not working, All settings not opening, if I click on windows security icon it open, flash and close, if I click on Microsoft Edge icon it open, flash and close. I did all the necessary troubleshooting including SFC /scannow,...
  5. Check for Updates button has disappeared

Check for Updates button has disappeared: When my Win 10 PC locks up or slows to a crawl, it means Windows Update is trying to do something but failing. In the past, if I did a manual update, that would fix the problem, but now the Check for Updates button has been taken away in the last update. So how can I do a...
  6. microsoft edge button

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge button: why did microsoft edge button disappear from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-button/acda7fb1-c824-4d18-b983-2a9ae073a1bd
  7. Buttons on laptop

Buttons on laptop: Left & right buttons have stopped working on my Lenovo G50. Double-clicking the touchpad is also not performing left click, though the touchpad is moving the pointer. Is there anything I can do to get them working?...
  8. I really want to know what the button is in the Advanced Font Settings screen I can't seen...

I really want to know what the button is in the Advanced Font Settings screen I can't seen...: I want to know what the scroll box beneath the "Advanced Font Settings." The scroll box is also right above the brown text that said "Proportional fonts" This can be found in the upper left in the "Advanced Font Settings". The slide down box should say default....
  9. Windows 10 Start Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Start Button: If I attempt to search something in the start menu it freezes and crashes. Windows 10 64 bit iBUYPOWER Trace940 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button/232d4858-4272-4f7f-87cd-ee1d10bdad99"
  10. Start button wont open

Start button wont open: Cant open start icon cant open explorer cant open PFD files I have 22 new updates cant access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-wont-open/2d1e7a2c-b002-4f6d-afda-27f3a2c3bd7e