Windows 10: Back Button erratic

Discus and support Back Button erratic in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018.

1. muymalestado Win User

Back Button erratic

For no discernable reason my Back Button (arrow) frequently takes the current window to a screen I used more than 24 hours ago - this is after several screen changes during normal internet browsing.

Is there a control I have missed?

Thank you.

Phil

:)

muymalestado, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Meemmeem_811 Win User

Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Oct 11, 2018
  3. treblefree Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Oct 11, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Back Button erratic

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Back Button erratic

1. Back Button erratic - Similar Threads - Button erratic

2. where is the screen off button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is the screen off button: Where is the screen off button on my laptop (windows 10)? I want to turn the screen off on command with one click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-screen-off-button/95b4d516-9b85-44d3-bcfa-f30e6abf5bd0"
  3. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...
  4. Can't access the setting button and want to run a system restore. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access the setting button and want to run a system restore. Please help: Can't access the setting button and want to run a system restore. Please help Can't find the trouble shooting link for this as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-the-setting-button-and-want-to-run-a/e3050106-017f-4172-a766-180b4782f67b
  5. Shortcuts dissapear when click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts dissapear when click start button: since I have updated to 1809 when I go to close down my laptop and I click the start button all my shortcuts now called apps shut down I have not had this before on any machine any one know if it is some setting in settings also on my wife's pc when it starts up it all ways...
  6. Short cuts dissapear when click start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short cuts dissapear when click start button: since I have updated to 1809 when I go to close down my laptop and I click the start button all my shortcuts now called apps shut down I have not had this before on any machine any one know if it is some setting in settings also on my wife's pc when it starts up it all ways...
  7. When i hold a button my pc freezes!

When i hold a button my pc freezes!: I am able to fix this problem. But i dont wanna restart my pc everytime i face with this. - Everything is up to date (windows 10, drivers etc) - I tried doing factory reset but it didnt help. - It happens when i hold a button for 2 or 3 seconds. I couldn't find anything...
  8. Taskbar search button

Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d
  9. Mouse side buttons not wokring on various window devices!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse side buttons not wokring on various window devices!: Hello, I have a VICTSING vertical mouse (https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Wireless-Vertical-Ergonomic-Precision/dp/B07CZ8C81J/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539652452&sr=8-3&keywords=vertical+mouse+victsing). aNd I had used mouse manager to set one side button to be task viewer, and...
  10. YES button grayed out on user control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YES button grayed out on user control: when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help...