Windows 10: back in Win8 I used to watch videos and they were saved in a temp file.

Discus and support back in Win8 I used to watch videos and they were saved in a temp file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am wondering if Win10 does the same thing. And if so, where are those files stored and for how long? TIA, Larry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, May 3, 2019.

1. l_turn9 Win User

back in Win8 I used to watch videos and they were saved in a temp file.

I am wondering if Win10 does the same thing. And if so, where are those files stored and for how long?

TIA,

Larry

:)

l_turn9, May 3, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

100% disk usage when watching 4k videos.

I suggest you to take a trace with WPR (it's a built in tool in Windows 10). And we can see exactly what's causing your video's glitches. Here is the steps;

• Open a command line as an Administrator;
    • Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU -start gpu -start video"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, try to work on your system (launch a video) for 1 or 2 minutes max.
    • Then type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop C:\Temp\MyTrace.etl". Make sure the folder where you record the trace exist.
    • Compress the resulting file ( VeryImportant)
    • Share it through https://www.transfernow.net/en/ or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.

See you

zinou, May 3, 2019
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 3, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. back in Win8 I used to watch videos and they were saved in a temp file. - Similar Threads - Win8 used watch

2. Using DLNA to watch videos on television

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using DLNA to watch videos on television: Since my desktop PC is connected via an ethernet cable to the router and a second cable connects to the smart TV I should be able to watch videos stored on the PC on the TV using DLNA. I have found that I can display pictures from my Pictures folder and listen to music from...
  3. Watching Video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Watching Video: I am having problems with loading Video Lectures from a on line college. It just started and I have had no problems in the past. A 30 min lecture use to play from start to finish without any stops to load. Now. its loads for 5 mins, plays for about 2 mins and then needs to...
  4. Saving Settings that were used for other project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Settings that were used for other project: it is so tiring opening every photo and having to change again colors and type and colors 1 and 2 don't know what the useful of them anyway how can we depend on that app it lacks many many features ***Original title: how can i save settings for paint**...
  5. Watching Videos on hdmi

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching Videos on hdmi: I watch a lot of videos using the hdmi in Windows 10. Is there anyway to pause the video and then restart it with hdmi? Normally I use Media Player Classic watching the videos. 139093
  6. Save Backed up File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save Backed up File: How do I save a backed up file on my desktop to a flash drive in a USB port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-backed-up-file/b5839709-49a0-4869-84f6-e709b0b7232c"
  7. WATCH VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WATCH VIDEOS: HAVE WINDOWS [ CRAP ] 10. WHY THE HELL IS IT AN ACT OF CONGRESS TO INSTALL OR UPGRADE ADOBE FLASH. DAMN POP UPS. SAYS IT WAS INSTALLED, GO CHECK A VIDEO, SAYS TO UPGRADE ADOBE OR INSTALL. I AM REALLY PISSED, NOTHING EVER, EVER WORKS RIGHT...
  8. How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How watch videos backed up to hard drive?: Hi folks the absolute IMO 100% easiest way for watching videos or listening to music from HDD is simply to install KODI - it will play things that VLC won't even do at times. Also KODI works on phones, tablets etc too. If you have an amazon fire TV stick you can...
  9. BSOD watching video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching video: Running Win 10 pro 64 bit 14393.105 new build intel i7 6770k ASUS Z170 pro gaming 【Kingston】HyperX Predator DDR4 DDR4-3333 8GBx2枚 1.35V This is the 2nd time I have had a BSOD in the last couple of days. It's pretty hot in Japan right now. Might be a heat issue, but I...
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...