Windows 10: Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop

Discus and support Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using my laptop normally when I've been suddenly hit with the BSOD with the reason being PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_DAMAGED_AREA and the cdd.dll file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rainer Ferrer, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop

I was using my laptop normally when I've been suddenly hit with the BSOD with the reason being PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_DAMAGED_AREA

and the cdd.dll file failed thing.

I then restarted and updated my drivers, Intel and NVIDIA, and once I have done that, I proceeded to use my laptop normally watching Netflix and then Windows 10 desktop, and taskbar wont respond to anything though Chrome still works for some reason, and then when I restarted for the last time, I'm now stuck in the boot up phase where I only see is the manufacturer logo Lenovo in this case and dots circling around for the past 15 minutes as of this writing

What can I do at this point, I dont want to end up doing a 2nd full reset on this laptop, and my father said that he won't buy another one and this will be only and last laptop that I'll ever get!?

:)

Rainer Ferrer, Jul 13, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jul 13, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop

How to change my home page back.

I don't think you are. I just did those steps on mine. Changed from Google to Bing, click Home button and it went to Bing. Changed it back to Google, click Home and it went to Google. Norton must have something jammed in there like a fishhook. I don't do Norton, so you're back to Josey's suggestions.

f14tomcat, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop

1. Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - problems Lenovo laptop

2. Printers: It prints back-to-back on my HP, but not my Brother printerhad no problem with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers: It prints back-to-back on my HP, but not my Brother printerhad no problem with...: HP printer prints back-to-back, but my Brother printer doesn't, but was able to on my older computer. New computer has Microsoft 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-it-prints-back-to-back-on-my-hp-but-not/1dcc651b-49ca-40a8-9620-dc4b66c1b1f7
  3. Printers: It prints back-to-back on my HP, but not my Brother printerhad no problem with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers: It prints back-to-back on my HP, but not my Brother printerhad no problem with...: HP printer prints back-to-back, but my Brother printer doesn't, but was able to on my older computer. New computer has Microsoft 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-it-prints-back-to-back-on-my-hp-but-not/1dcc651b-49ca-40a8-9620-dc4b66c1b1f7
  4. Restoring back the sound of my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restoring back the sound of my laptop: hey, how do i fix the sound of my laptop which goes off just like that, i tried troubleshooting still yet to rectify the problem. i'm using windows 11 pro. Thank you....
  5. Keyboard On My Laptop Won't Type letters back to back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard On My Laptop Won't Type letters back to back.: If I type the "W" key twice the second "W" won't type without me either pressing the key again or hitting another key. It doesn't matter what key it is either. I have tried turning filter keys on and back off again and also troubleshot "Hardware and Devices" multiple times....
  6. backed up and backing up my laptop which has windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backed up and backing up my laptop which has windows.: if windows 7 is backed up on my D: drive, and it took all of that drive, can I use several flash drives or sd cards to put all or some of the backed up information on? I also need to back up things that are in windows 10. File, folders, pictures, videos, documents in all...
  7. Back up problems

Back up problems: When backing up files, I always get these three codes for different documents: 151026 _error, 0x80070003, and 0x80070002. All items appear to be in the SkyDrive area. It is for documents (twice), music and pictures. How can I make sure all my files are being copied and...
  8. Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?: I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad Y510P a long time ago. Recently I went in and did a destructive recovery. It recovers it to Windows 10 even though the specs it came with shows it came with Windows 8. The problem is Lenovo states this laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10....
  9. Back button on Lenovo Ideapad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Back button on Lenovo Ideapad not working: Hey everyone. Being trying to get back button on key board to function again. Used to work fine but suddenly stopped. Out of the blue when I used it system posted a window on screen telling me to use Alt and Backbutton at same time. Tried it; no joy. Any ideas or pointers...
  10. back up problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    back up problem: Hi Every time i try to get a back up of my files i get this message Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A. Error*SadThe system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))It tells me that everything else...