Windows 10: back up and restore win10

Discus and support back up and restore win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a recovery drive to be backed up, it was 16 GB when i had bought a new pc now its doubled to 32 GB. Can i back up the previous 16 GB recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RushikeshPotekar, Jan 10, 2019.

1. back up and restore win10

I have a recovery drive to be backed up, it was 16 GB when i had bought a new pc now its doubled to 32 GB. Can i back up the previous 16 GB recovery drive so that I can manage with my 32 GB pen drive?

:)

RushikeshPotekar, Jan 10, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

back up and restore win10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 10, 2019
  3. win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Jan 10, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

back up and restore win10

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

back up and restore win10

1. back up and restore win10 - Similar Threads - restore win10

2. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  3. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  4. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.: My pc suddenly turned black screen when logging into windows 10 account.I can get to loggin screen but after entering password, takes an unusally long time to load, and then puts me on black screen.i can see cursor but that is all. ctrl+alt+del brings up a menu but clicking...
  6. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.: My pc suddenly turned black screen when logging into windows 10 account.I can get to loggin screen but after entering password, takes an unusally long time to load, and then puts me on black screen.i can see cursor but that is all. ctrl+alt+del brings up a menu but clicking...
  7. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My laptop won’t reload win10 after system restore. I can get to Advanced settings but but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t reload win10 after system restore. I can get to Advanced settings but but...: My laptop won’t boot up after system restore win10I can get up to Advanced settingsI’ve tried everything to get it to work for some reason there isn’t any restore point anymore It won’t recognise my password either.even though I use it for other accounts Sorry i don’t have a...
  9. My laptop won’t reload win10 after system restore. I can get to Advanced settings but but...

My laptop won’t reload win10 after system restore. I can get to Advanced settings but but...: My laptop won’t boot up after system restore win10I can get up to Advanced settingsI’ve tried everything to get it to work for some reason there isn’t any restore point anymore It won’t recognise my password either.even though I use it for other accounts Sorry i don’t have a...
  10. My laptop won’t reload win10 after system restore. I can get to Advanced settings but but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade