Windows 10: Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

Discus and support Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to backup the folders from my OneDrive to an external device. I know that files are in the cloud and MS is taking care of me but I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sunphoenix, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

Hi, I want to backup the folders from my OneDrive to an external device. I know that files are in the cloud and MS is taking care of me but I still need to do it to respect laws and to implement my own versioning strategy. The Windows Backup and restore tool worked well for multiple years to backup that folder, until I used OneDrive to sync it. At first, it didn't see the folder in the "Let me choose what to backup" screen. I then unchecked the "files on demand" setting to make sure all files are on my computer remember, this is what I want. Now I see the OneDrive root folder in the backup tool but it doesn't see other folders inside.

:)

Sunphoenix, Apr 28, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Apr 28, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

1. Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders - Similar Threads - Restore doesn't backup

2. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  3. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing: I want to make a backup with a system image but it failed halfway through. I set my external harddrive as the destination and it has plenty of space. Thinking it was failing because there was things on it, I shrunk the volume and made a seperate partition called F. I tried...
  4. Backing up System Image with Windows 7 Backup and Restore failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7: Hello Guys,I am trying to backup Windows 10 files using backup and restore windows 7 below: So I am not sure if this will backup windows 10 files correctly or not in case my machine is down and I lost all files please? Also, can I restore this backup on Windows 11 in the...
  6. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7: Hello Guys,I am trying to backup Windows 10 files using backup and restore windows 7 below: So I am not sure if this will backup windows 10 files correctly or not in case my machine is down and I lost all files please? Also, can I restore this backup on Windows 11 in the...
  7. Back up windows 10 using backup and restore windows 7

8. How to delete a backup file that is not displayed in "Back up and Restore Windows 7"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a backup file that is not displayed in "Back up and Restore Windows 7"?: Hello!Ages ago, I've created a backup and let it to die in one of my computer's drive. It is taking a lot of space and I really want to delete it.There's absolutely nothing in "Backup settings" and when I go there, Control Panel\System and Security\Back up and Restore Windows...
  9. How to delete a backup file that is not displayed in "Back up and Restore Windows 7"?

How to delete a backup file that is not displayed in "Back up and Restore Windows 7"?: Hello!Ages ago, I've created a backup and let it to die in one of my computer's drive. It is taking a lot of space and I really want to delete it.There's absolutely nothing in "Backup settings" and when I go there, Control Panel\System and Security\Back up and Restore Windows...
  10. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool: Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall Windows, I attempted to restore these files; however, I see the message, "Windows could not find a backup for this computer."...