Windows 10: Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

Discus and support Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to backup the folders from my OneDrive to an external device. I know that files are in the cloud and MS is taking care of me but I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sunphoenix, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

Hi, I want to backup the folders from my OneDrive to an external device. I know that files are in the cloud and MS is taking care of me but I still need to do it to respect laws and to implement my own versioning strategy. The Windows Backup and restore tool worked well for multiple years to backup that folder, until I used OneDrive to sync it. At first, it didn't see the folder in the "Let me choose what to backup" screen. I then unchecked the "files on demand" setting to make sure all files are on my computer remember, this is what I want. Now I see the OneDrive root folder in the backup tool but it doesn't see other folders inside.

:)

Sunphoenix, Apr 28, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Apr 28, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders

1. Back up and Restore Windows 7 doesn't backup One Drive folders - Similar Threads - Restore doesn't backup

2. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool: Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall Windows, I attempted to restore these files; however, I see the message, "Windows could not find a backup for this computer."...
  3. Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7: Hi Community People: Windows 10 Back Up has the following option: Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7, which I like to use becouse it makes an image of the system disk. The problem is that it is not backing up my 365 Microsoft Office Outlook .pst file, even when I...
  4. Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring Windows 7 backup to a mapped network drive: [ATTACH] I recently got a new windows 10 machine and I'm trying to restore some of my backups made with the windows 7 backup utility. Everything seems to work fine until I try to choose a network drive as a restore location. At first, it just didn't even show up as a...
  5. One drive back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive back up: My one drive is not taking back up. It is giving me an option to sign in using my Microsoft credentials but it is not going any further when I click on that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up/2ecb43ee-af1d-4151-bc74-e821170eb4a1
  6. Windows 7 backup/restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup/restore: I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help....
  7. One Drive Manage Folder Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Manage Folder Backup: Good afternoon. Why do I get the error message as attached, and how do I correct it? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-manage-folder-backup/5e2ad09a-db3d-4ab3-94ae-24403a134f8a
  8. Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive: I don't mind the service. But, I don't want ALL my files on my laptop to be in the Cloud. How do I de-select certain folders and files so they are NOT saved in the Cloud?...
  9. Backup and Restore Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Windows 7?: I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found a folder named Windows 7, created 02Aug2015; I have no idea how thye were created. A short while ago, I opened Control...
  10. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7): My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same...