Windows 10: Back up and Restore

Discus and support Back up and Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wrigle5, Apr 10, 2021.

1. wrigle5 Win User

Back up and Restore

Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10?

:)

wrigle5, Apr 10, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Back up and Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Back up and Restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Back up and Restore

1. Back up and Restore - Similar Threads - Restore

2. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  3. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  4. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  5. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  6. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  7. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  8. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  10. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...