Windows 10: Back up computer without a disk drive

Discus and support Back up computer without a disk drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I do a back up of my laptop which runs Windows 10? I don't have a disk drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SusanBudvet, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Back up computer without a disk drive

How can I do a back up of my laptop which runs Windows 10? I don't have a disk drive.

:)

SusanBudvet, Dec 7, 2018

2. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Dec 7, 2018
  3. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 7, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

Back up computer without a disk drive

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Back up computer without a disk drive

1. Back up computer without a disk drive - Similar Threads - computer without disk

2. Recover back-up disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover back-up disk: I was trying to fix the current download problem error 0x80070643 using instructions by a support individual I'll indicate this below, but the instructions didn't work at one point. So I opted out of the instructions, but then discovered my 3tb backup drive was disconnected....
  3. Recover back-up disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover back-up disk: I was trying to fix the current download problem error 0x80070643 using instructions by a support individual I'll indicate this below, but the instructions didn't work at one point. So I opted out of the instructions, but then discovered my 3tb backup drive was disconnected....
  4. Recover back-up disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Back up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up drive: Hi, I bought a KESU-2518 external hard drive for the purpose of moving files from my MacBook pro to my new dell XPS 13 runs windows 10. It is supposed to be compatible with both mac and windows uses EXFAT format. I didn't have any problems moving files on to it from my mac....
  6. back up disk

back up disk: I lost some files on my laptop and want to use my backup disk too reinstall them how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-disk/542c60ef-951f-4f8b-9456-8c02ac76d61b
  7. Back up space on disk

Back up space on disk: It looks like this. My question is, how much can I delete without loosing my files. I have 945gb on my disk. So I need only to backup whats on the computer. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Is each file with the same data in, but just updated with new files, or do I need all the...
  8. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  9. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

in Windows 10 News
    Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  10. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. back up disk without disk drive

2. backup pc without disk drive?

3. how to backup without driver