Windows 10: Back Up Drive Name and Partitions

Discus and support Back Up Drive Name and Partitions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have several partitions over 16TB of drives. I need to reinstall Windows (2004), and I do not ever do an update, always clean install. Each time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Xogroroth, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Xogroroth Win User

Back Up Drive Name and Partitions

I have several partitions over 16TB of drives.
    I need to reinstall Windows (2004), and I do not ever do an update, always clean install.
    Each time I need to hop into Disk Manager, and start sorting the whole system out there.

Now, logically, that data is stored somewhere.
    My questions is: how is the file called, and where is it stored?
    Copying this to a second drive to restore it after installation will help me save quite a bit of time...

Thank you.
    Xog.

:)

Xogroroth, Jun 1, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Jun 1, 2020
  4. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. Back Up Drive Name and Partitions :)

badrobot, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Back Up Drive Name and Partitions - Similar Threads - Drive Name Partitions

2. Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it: Hello,I needed to do something that required backing up the EFI partition.so I assigned drive letter J to the Windows EFI partition using diskpart and copied with an elevated powershell the EFI folder to a folder named T-BU-9-6-22 on my E:\ drive.copy -Path "J:\EFI" -Dest...
  3. Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it: Hello,I needed to do something that required backing up the EFI partition.so I assigned drive letter J to the Windows EFI partition using diskpart and copied with an elevated powershell the EFI folder to a folder named T-BU-9-6-22 on my E:\ drive.copy -Path "J:\EFI" -Dest...
  4. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  5. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  6. Backing up to an External Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. One drive back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive back up: My one drive is not taking back up. It is giving me an option to sign in using my Microsoft credentials but it is not going any further when I click on that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up/2ecb43ee-af1d-4151-bc74-e821170eb4a1
  8. Back up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up drive: Hi, I bought a KESU-2518 external hard drive for the purpose of moving files from my MacBook pro to my new dell XPS 13 runs windows 10. It is supposed to be compatible with both mac and windows uses EXFAT format. I didn't have any problems moving files on to it from my mac....
  9. backing up to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up to a thumb drive: i asked some time back about doing backup and some gave me different ways to do this. i picked karan's backup and i did a dozen or so backups testing that program. then i got a 2tb thumb drive off ebay and last night i formatted it and ran that backup sith that program and it...
  10. Backing up to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up to external drive: I use Windows backup and backup to external drive. It was getting full. Could that be why after last backup - backup size dropped from 570 GB to 380 GB? Otherwise backup seemed normal....