Windows 10: Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations

Discus and support Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello Forum, I've got to send in my new HP Spectre notebook for HP warranty repair due to a faulty keyboard. I intend to image the disk to a portable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by tjg79, Oct 27, 2020.

1. tjg79 Win User

Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations

Hello Forum,

I've got to send in my new HP Spectre notebook for HP warranty repair due to a faulty keyboard.

I intend to image the disk to a portable external drive, and then reset the computer to as new condition before I ship.

The notebook disk size if 500GB.

First, what are your recommendations for a portable external disk? I'm looking at a couple of Seagate models: STJM2000400 & STGX4000400 Is there a size recommendation? I'll use the portable external drive for regular back ups as well.

I've noticed Macrium Reflect is popular on this forum. Does Windows 10 Pro have a back up and restore program that will restore a drive with all partitions? Do the portable external Seagate drives come with a program to do the same?

What's the advantage of using Macrium over Windows or Seagate?

Thanks for your help. Regards

:)

tjg79, Oct 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2020
  3. macbeth Win User
    Notebook restore disk?

A friend of mine has a twinhead notebook. And needs to reformat it. The problem is that the restore disk is missing. So can i install windows xp on it? Will it work? How about the hardware drivers for the notebook? Where can i get them and how do i install them? And is there away i can get a copy of the restore disk?

macbeth, Oct 27, 2020
  4. penciline Win User

Backup and Restore entire phone with Programs

Is there a utility that will enable me to backup an entire Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Phone (The HP IPAQ Glisten) and restore it after a factory reset? I have Windows Vista 64-bit on my desktop with Windows Mobile Device Center as the Active Sync agent.

Sincerely,

penciline, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Back up Entire Disk and Restore - Recommendations - Similar Threads - Entire Disk Restore

2. restore recommended!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore recommended!: restore recommended! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-recommended/3407c569-b161-4d03-bdb9-eb16339e104a
  3. Remove Recommended Section entirely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Recommended Section entirely: I've turned it off in the settings, but then there simply remains a perpetual demand to turn it back on again:I turned it off on purpose. Believe it or not.And yet Windows refuses to let me get away with that.How can I silence this silly demand perpetually loitering in my...
  4. Remove Recommended Section entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Recommended Section entirely: I've turned it off in the settings, but then there simply remains a perpetual demand to turn it back on again:I turned it off on purpose. Believe it or not.And yet Windows refuses to let me get away with that.How can I silence this silly demand perpetually loitering in my...
  5. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Is back up and restore being removed from Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-and-restore/363a9b10-a680-4ac0-9893-a98771b1b31d
  6. Questions Concerning Entire Disk Drive Cloning Practices For Back Up.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions Concerning Entire Disk Drive Cloning Practices For Back Up.: Hello. I have a couple of questions to ask you! I hope everyone is safe during these unusual times! I just recently purchased a Western Digital (WD) 2TB (NTFS) My Passport backup storage device to back up my newer replaced HHD to SSD (on Disk 0 or 1 depending on the disk...
  7. Questions Concerning Entire Disk Drive Cloning Practices For Back Up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions Concerning Entire Disk Drive Cloning Practices For Back Up.: Hello. I have a couple of questions to ask you! I hope everyone is safe during these unusual times! I just recently purchased a Western Digital (WD) 2TB (NTFS) My Passport backup storage device to back up my newer replaced HHD to SSD (on Disk 0 or 1 depending on the disk...
  8. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  9. Back up and Restore

Back up and Restore: Win 10 Pro 64bit. Ever since I updated. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809, I cannot back up Computer. I get Error Code 0x80070013 Local Disk (E). I have 3-computers and get the same error code. Thanks...
  10. Back up and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up and restore: Why does my windows 10 home have windows 7 backup and restore? It's a new machine and it came with windows 10. Does anyone know? 111055