Windows 10: Back up failing to internal drive

Discus and support Back up failing to internal drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My back ups have stopped working on Windows 10. I get one of the 2 error messages 1. Your file history drive is disconnected it show its there 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mazpaz, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Mazpaz Win User

Back up failing to internal drive

My back ups have stopped working on Windows 10. I get one of the 2 error messages

1. Your file history drive is disconnected it show its there

2. 0x80070020

It wont let me stop using the drive, if I try it gives 0x80070020 again!

Any ideas?

Y

:)

Mazpaz, Sep 23, 2020

2. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Back up failing to internal drive

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Back up failing to internal drive :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Back up failing to internal drive

1. Back up failing to internal drive - Similar Threads - failing internal drive

2. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  3. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  4. Back up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up drive: Hi, I bought a KESU-2518 external hard drive for the purpose of moving files from my MacBook pro to my new dell XPS 13 runs windows 10. It is supposed to be compatible with both mac and windows uses EXFAT format. I didn't have any problems moving files on to it from my mac....
  5. File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?: [ATTACH] I've been backing up my drives lately using File History to a new external hard drive I have, and it seems as if they're all being backed up as the space is taken up on the external drive (and the files can be found by navigating into the drive), but the File...
  6. Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives

Backing up data from 2 internal hard drives: I have two internal hard drives one for data and one for photographs and I would like to know how to back this data up to 2 separate hard drives again one for data and one for photographs. Is there anyway of doing this? I don't believe it can be done with the s/w built into...
  7. How to back-up to separate internal drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to back-up to separate internal drive?: I have a RAID 0 partition with 2 SSD drives 800GB, that I'm trying to set up backups to a separateinternal drive HDD 1TB, however, I'm having issues getting the drive to show up on FileHistory. I have tried a couple formatting options for the drive, but they do not seem to...
  8. can you use internal drive as back up?

can you use internal drive as back up?: will windows 10 allow me to use a internal drive in my computer for back up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-internal-drive-as-back-up/db6a5a3f-e3ed-44b2-bf73-1cecfed842c3
  9. Back up Failed. The media is write protected. Internal and external drives?

Back up Failed. The media is write protected. Internal and external drives?: Have not been able to do a back up for about a month now. My internal 1tb D drive is normally used for backups. I keep getting the message 'The media is write protected'. Error code 0x80070013 Today I tried it with an external 500gb drive and got the same error message....
  10. Internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...