Windows 10: Back up files in BSOD/Automatic Repair loop?

Discus and support Back up files in BSOD/Automatic Repair loop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently in a Blue Screen/Automatic repair loop. Tried many ways to fix it but had come to no avail. My last resort is to just do a clean install with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IngramFTW, May 8, 2020.

1. Back up files in BSOD/Automatic Repair loop?

Currently in a Blue Screen/Automatic repair loop. Tried many ways to fix it but had come to no avail. My last resort is to just do a clean install with my bootable hard drive. But before I do it, is there any way I can backup my files?

submitted by /u/IngramFTW
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IngramFTW, May 8, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, May 8, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, May 8, 2020
  4. larry Win User

Back up files in BSOD/Automatic Repair loop?

larry, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Back up files in BSOD/Automatic Repair loop?

1. Back up files in BSOD/Automatic Repair loop? - Similar Threads - files BSOD Automatic

2. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop: So I have actually already posted this issue in part, but its really become a whole different issue now. Originally I was trying to fix a BSOD caused by CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, with this being the error in the Event Viewer:<Event...
  3. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop: So I have actually already posted this issue in part, but its really become a whole different issue now. Originally I was trying to fix a BSOD caused by CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, with this being the error in the Event Viewer:<Event...
  4. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  6. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  7. BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 , started freezing randomly. This was non existent in win 10.Now its booting to a BSOD page witht the stop code "ntfs file system" On next restart it boots to " preparing automatic repair" page which keeps...
  8. BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop

BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 , started freezing randomly. This was non existent in win 10.Now its booting to a BSOD page witht the stop code "ntfs file system" On next restart it boots to " preparing automatic repair" page which keeps...
  9. BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops: I had a series of BSoDs this morning, after no issues using my PC last night. I was trying to diagnose the issue, all the while being interrupted by BSoDs, and I got a System Restore process off which reverted me to a state from the day prior. That didn't fix the issue, and...
  10. BSOD with Automatic Repair Loops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD with Automatic Repair Loops: I'm guessing an update came thru at the end of last week? Since Thursday I have been unable to get my workstation with Windows 10 back up and running. I've checked tons of forums and watched lots of videos but to no avail. Please help! I even went to RESET THIS PC - keep...