Windows 10: Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive

Discus and support Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my PC currently backs up all my files on my C: drive (desktop, photos, etc.) and keeps everything in sync as it should. But is there a way to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notwritingasusual, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive

So my PC currently backs up all my files on my C: drive (desktop, photos, etc.) and keeps everything in sync as it should. But is there a way to add folders on my D: drive so they automatically back up and keep in sync with one drive?

The main reason: I download a lot of memes, photos etc. straight onto my usb stick which is always connected to stop my main drive being cluttered but I wondered if there was a way to keep this folder backed up on onedrive like the folders on my main drive.

I want to be able to access these downloaded files from the onedrive app on my phone.

submitted by /u/notwritingasusual
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notwritingasusual, Jun 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 6, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

I never used OneDrive, I copy my important files to USB sticks and external harddrive.

P4-630, Jun 6, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yeah it's amazing how many people put their shit on places like Onedrive and such and all so concerned about privacy.

AsRock, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive

1. Back-up files on an a usb to OneDrive - Similar Threads - files usb OneDrive

2. Files aren't backed up in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files aren't backed up in Onedrive: Onedrive cannot upload my files You need to press 'Picture', and then you can see my problem screenshotSorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what should I do for next steps?Thank you....
  3. Files aren't backed up in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files aren't backed up in Onedrive: Onedrive cannot upload my files You need to press 'Picture', and then you can see my problem screenshotSorry for the inconvenience.Can you tell me what should I do for next steps?Thank you....
  4. Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.: Hello.This is a long story but I will summarize.Had a 3 year old laptop that was working fine. Got a notification from Intel SSD toolbox that the SSD was failing despite basically having no real wear. Intel support confirmed this. I stick the SSD in another Windows 10 pc to...
  5. Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.: Hello.This is a long story but I will summarize.Had a 3 year old laptop that was working fine. Got a notification from Intel SSD toolbox that the SSD was failing despite basically having no real wear. Intel support confirmed this. I stick the SSD in another Windows 10 pc to...
  6. Where is the file location of files not backed up by onedrive.

7. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  8. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  9. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files: I was using Microsoft Onedrive on my laptop to backup and sync certain folders and files. It was working okay. Then the hard drive crashed on the laptop so I can no longer boot up that device. I want to retrieve the backed-up data. If I go to the www.onedrive.live.com...