Windows 10: back up hard drive

Discus and support back up hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two hard drives. My back up program selected one of the hard drives for backing up. How can I change so that my second hard drive is the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DocFM, Jun 30, 2019.

1. DocFM Win User

back up hard drive

I have two hard drives.

My back up program selected one of the hard drives for backing up.

How can I change so that my second hard drive is the one that my backup program uses?

:)

DocFM, Jun 30, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 30, 2019
  3. little cat, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

back up hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

back up hard drive

1. back up hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. New Build: Hard Drives from old computer aren't recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Build: Hard Drives from old computer aren't recognized: Hi all, I just finished a new build and when i tried to move 2 data drives over to the build, my computer doesn't see them. One is a WE Black 2 TB and the other is an older Seagate Barracuda 500 gb. Both worked in the other computer, which I'm still using as an office...
  3. I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to install two windows10 on the same computer and only one hard drive. What should...: C: \ already installed a Windows10. D: \ & E: \ I use it for personal files. I also want to install a Windows 10 on my F: \, how do I do it? Please be more detailed....
  4. Removing windows from a hard drive but keeping files and programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing windows from a hard drive but keeping files and programs: I recently got a new computer and have Windows 10 on an SSD, I installed my old hard drive that has my old copy of Windows and programs on it. I know I need to reinstall most of them on the new SSD, but would like to keep most of my steam library and other valuable program on...
  5. OneDrive consuming my hard drive and won't let me delete things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive consuming my hard drive and won't let me delete things.: Long story short, OneDrive copies my documents folder where all the primary files for the games I play are stored and then stores a second local copy. The OneDrive copy; whose files I do notneed, is consuming 59 gbs and counting. I tried deleting the unneeded content of this...
  6. All partitions on my hard drives are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All partitions on my hard drives are read only: All partitions on my hard drives are read only. Any new Folder I create is automatically read only. I have checked security permission and all users have full control. When I click on a folder and remove the check in the read only box and apply, the system goes through the...
  7. The upper one says delete only my files the other one delete file and clear hard drive....

The upper one says delete only my files the other one delete file and clear hard drive....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_PureZocker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8fwzi/the_upper_one_says_delete_only_my_files_the_other/
  8. External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA)

External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA): Hi. I'm trying to connect an external hard drive to my PC but it won't show up. Best I can do with it is light it up. If I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, it keeps on disconnecting as it should. But on 3.0 ports, it either lights up or doesnt light up but not show up at all....
  9. trouble burning pictures from hard drive to disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble burning pictures from hard drive to disc: My wife and I were on a recent Caribbean cruise. When we returned I loaded the jpegs into my hard drive. However, some of the pictures were crooked. In other words, they were sideways on the screen. I duly went through the pictures rotating them appropriately. After...
  10. WD External Hard Drive Also Show Up As CD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External Hard Drive Also Show Up As CD Drive: When I connect my WD external hard drive F:, it also shows up as a CD drive E:. I tried a different USB port - same problem. This drive is an older model about 8" X 6" container. I googled this situation and all I could find to try was to format the drive, which I did. It...