Windows 10: Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive

Discus and support Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive. It is set to save files for 1 month, but it saves them forever. Is there a way to get it to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by john3650, Oct 6, 2019.

1. john3650 Win User

Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive

I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive. It is set to save files for 1 month, but it saves them forever. Is there a way to get it to delete anything that was saved more than a month ago?

Thank You

:)

john3650, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 10, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 10, 2019
  4. KN-ICT Win User

W10 external disk visible in disk management, but no drive letter assigned

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer.

• When did it start happening?
      • As I stated the problem appears in W10
    • What changes were made to your system since then?
      • None
    • Does it also happen using a different external drive?
      • Another external drive didn't work either the first time it was connected since the installation of W10. However the drivers for the other drive are updated and now it's working fine.
    When I run troubleshooter, it's says no problems are detected.

KN-ICT, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive - Similar Threads - W10 file onto

2. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  3. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  4. Backing up to an External Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. external hard drive not backing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not backing up: every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things online please help me i need to fix it before wensday cause they gonna take my computer and fix it and they might need to wipe it...
  6. W10 Home - "Back up Using File History" - Remove External Drive associated with it -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Home - "Back up Using File History" - Remove External Drive associated with it -...: Hi In W10 Home we have added an external 2TB drive to the File History Start>Settings>Update and Security>Back-up>Add a drive So whenever this drive is connected it is now always associated with the Back-Up function. However, as things have changed, we wish to remove...
  7. How to back up File Histories for two PCs onto one External drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to back up File Histories for two PCs onto one External drive: I have two laptops, both with Windows 10. I want to put File Histories from each onto one external drive. How can I be sure the two File Histories will not merge into one? Is it a case of setting up separate partitions on the the external drive and in effect having separate...
  8. Backing up to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up to external drive: I use Windows backup and backup to external drive. It was getting full. Could that be why after last backup - backup size dropped from 570 GB to 380 GB? Otherwise backup seemed normal....
  9. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...