Windows 10: Back up music to OneDrive if it resides on a different partition

Discus and support Back up music to OneDrive if it resides on a different partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to sync a music folder to OneDrive because it is on the different partition. It seems that I need to copy the music folder to the partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jennifer Whillow, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Back up music to OneDrive if it resides on a different partition

I am unable to sync a music folder to OneDrive because it is on the different partition. It seems that I need to copy the music folder to the partition where OneDrive located. I tried to copy it but found that the partition where OneDrive located is full. Please, help me with an easy way to back up my music.

:)

Jennifer Whillow, Jun 16, 2019
  2. Zwyx Win User

Synching folders on another partition to OneDrive

I'm trying to back up my music to OneDrive. Music folder is located on a separate partition to OneDrive Folder. I can't seem to be able to do it without physically copying the music folder to the partition where OneDrive resides. I made a link with mklink
    successfully and the music folder appears in the OneDrive tree but it's physically copied it and now the partition wherein OneDrive resides is nearly full ! There must be an elegant way to do what I want without resorting to repartitioning the HDD. I hope....

3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 16, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Back up music to OneDrive if it resides on a different partition

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Back up music to OneDrive if it resides on a different partition

1. Back up music to OneDrive if it resides on a different partition - Similar Threads - music OneDrive resides

2. Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" on onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" on onedrive: Why after I open one drive settings> backup and sync> manage backup I see "not backedup" text but When I search images on google I see "Not protected"? Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" And where is the list files that is not supported for file...
  3. Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" on onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" on onedrive: Why after I open one drive settings> backup and sync> manage backup I see "not backedup" text but When I search images on google I see "Not protected"? Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" And where is the list files that is not supported for file...
  4. Whats difference between "not backed up" and "not protected" on onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Does OneDrive for Home Users Now Back up Music and Videos Libraries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does OneDrive for Home Users Now Back up Music and Videos Libraries?: I am running Windows 11 Home, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.007.0109.0004 64-bit.In the recent past, the Back Up functionality of OneDrive could only be used...
  6. Does OneDrive for Home Users Now Back up Music and Videos Libraries?

Does OneDrive for Home Users Now Back up Music and Videos Libraries?: I am running Windows 11 Home, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.007.0109.0004 64-bit.In the recent past, the Back Up functionality of OneDrive could only be used...
  7. Onedrive Keeps Backing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Keeps Backing up: Morning.Usually after an install of Windows 11, I will make sure Desktop, Documents, Pictures etc are Stopped as Backing up. For some reason after a few weeks it turns itself back on, I'm unsure if this is related to any Updates or not.I dont use Onedrive at all, so its...
  8. Onedrive Keeps Backing up

Onedrive Keeps Backing up: Morning.Usually after an install of Windows 11, I will make sure Desktop, Documents, Pictures etc are Stopped as Backing up. For some reason after a few weeks it turns itself back on, I'm unsure if this is related to any Updates or not.I dont use Onedrive at all, so its...
  9. OneDrive: Backing Up Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive: Backing Up Issue: As you know, my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop consumes large amounts of data due to me editing pictures and saving them to a folder on it. But somehow OneDrive has gotten a hold of my files and it's backing up those saved pictures and files from Adobe which is causing my...
  10. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...