Windows 10: back up selected few windows 10 apps before factory resetting?

Discus and support back up selected few windows 10 apps before factory resetting? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think there's a lot of bloat on my computer. I can't figure out why I'm only getting access to 10% of my 128 GB SSD when I have so little apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanGuo2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. AlanGuo2 Win User

back up selected few windows 10 apps before factory resetting?

I think there's a lot of bloat on my computer. I can't figure out why I'm only getting access to 10% of my 128 GB SSD when I have so little apps and files on my computer. I'd like to do a factor reset, but I don't want to lose microsoft office and another proprietary software. Is there a way to back up certain apps, perform the factory reset, and get those apps back? I don't want to backup my entire computer, only a select few programs that I want to keep. everything else can go.

:)

AlanGuo2, Mar 19, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 19, 2019
  4. back up selected few windows 10 apps before factory resetting?

factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

back up selected few windows 10 apps before factory resetting?

1. back up selected few windows 10 apps before factory resetting? - Similar Threads - selected few apps

2. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  3. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  4. BSoD before and after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD before and after Factory Reset: Just factory reset after experiencing BSoD Critical Process Died every other day. Decreasing my start-up load helped massively, and it seems like I had issue with some memory driver, as sometimes computer didnt have memory device to boot from, or something like that.I factory...
  5. BSoD before and after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD before and after Factory Reset: Just factory reset after experiencing BSoD Critical Process Died every other day. Decreasing my start-up load helped massively, and it seems like I had issue with some memory driver, as sometimes computer didnt have memory device to boot from, or something like that.I factory...
  6. BSoD before and after Factory Reset

7. Back up and Recovery, Clean Windows install, Factory Reset etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up and Recovery, Clean Windows install, Factory Reset etc.: I was just wondering when I run into a PC crash or lesser problem. How to save my most treasured Apps. which require digital licenses and/or authorization?Even when some hard copy Disc like Kofax PDF only allow a certain if any authorization downloads to reinstall. Question:...
  8. Back up and Recovery, Clean Windows install, Factory Reset etc.

Back up and Recovery, Clean Windows install, Factory Reset etc.: I was just wondering when I run into a PC crash or lesser problem. How to save my most treasured Apps. which require digital licenses and/or authorization?Even when some hard copy Disc like Kofax PDF only allow a certain if any authorization downloads to reinstall. Question:...
  9. Back up and Recovery, Clean Windows install, Factory Reset etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Get back Office that I used before factory reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get back Office that I used before factory reset: I did a factory reset to my Windows 10 PC. Currently I have an Office version with OneDrive which I don’t use. I want to restore the Office package that was installed on my PC before the factory reset. It was pre-installed on my PC...