Windows 10: Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7

Discus and support Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - wondering if anyone can advise. I have an external hard drive which i've had for years and have in the past backed up various computers using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SueHoward557, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7

Hi - wondering if anyone can advise. I have an external hard drive which i've had for years and have in the past backed up various computers using back up and restore. I find that these Back Up Sets are taking a huge amount of space up on the external hard drive and as a result am I right in thinking I might as well delete these various huge files as they are now of no use?

Thanks in advance

PS Moving forward, I've got the gist of the Windows 10 method of File History.

:)

SueHoward557, Dec 19, 2019
  2. KainXS Win User

Windows 7 vs XP vs Vista

I think windows 7 is what vista SHOULD have been, still waiting for windows 7

it seems that alot of the suggestions people gave in longhorn were implemented in windows 7 instead of vista, wth

KainXS, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft Windows XP Downgrade Program Extended by Another Six Months

Alot of company still happy with their old computers with XP on it. They saw no reasons to upgrade to Vista. Upgrading their system to Vista mean new hardwares or even branch new computers for a whole company, but what will Vista gives them? XP already have everything they need.

Vista is just a stepping stone for Windows 7, just like Windows Me was a stepping stone for Windows XP.

I'm not dislike Vista, I would stick with XP, but I want to learn new things about new OS. It's time to move on, and adopt new things.

kid41212003, Dec 19, 2019
  4. entropy13 Win User

Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7

Windows XP: The Life And Times Of The Undead OS

My joystick bought in 1999 for a Windows 98 PC works in Vista and Windows 7.

entropy13, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7

1. Back Up Sets from old windows OS versions Vista, XP and Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Sets old versions

2. Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?: I want to run Minecraft Java on my XP or VIsta computers. But in order to run version 1.18 or up I need to have java 17. Is there an xp or vista version that is also 32-bit?...
  3. Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?: I want to run Minecraft Java on my XP or VIsta computers. But in order to run version 1.18 or up I need to have java 17. Is there an xp or vista version that is also 32-bit?...
  4. Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows

Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows: So I am trying to upgrade my windows on 2 of my older model dell laptops one with vista and the other with windows 7 I believe after having my new ones screen break and me not wanting to buy another one. Especially seeing as I have 2 older Dell laptops thàt are in perfect...
  5. Will there be a windows xp, vista, 7, and 8.1 theme for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will there be a windows xp, vista, 7, and 8.1 theme for windows 10?: Those operating systems were legendary and maybe they can get a remake as a theme for Windows 10. For the xp theme, the icons, wallpaper, start menu and taskbar will be having the blue luna theme, For the vista theme, it is the same way you did for the windows xp theme. but...
  6. Windows 7 back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 back up: I want to know why I have from the ' Control Panel\Backup and Restore (Windows 7)??? I feel I should have Windows 10 Back Up instead . thank you I am sending the same question again, because I received 7 replies of the same information 'general information ' which I...
  7. Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10

Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10: Hi everyone: This is a big problem: Not only do I have a problem, but its hard to express technically what is going on without a lot of detail as I don't understand what technological jargon would cut through all the details here to provide a clear picture... I hope its...
  8. Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10: Hi everyone: This is a big problem: Not only do I have a problem, but its hard to express technically what is going on without a lot of detail as I don't understand what technological jargon would cut through all the details here to provide a clear picture... I hope its...
  9. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  10. Want good old mspaint.exe and calc.exe from Windows XP back on WIndows

Want good old mspaint.exe and calc.exe from Windows XP back on WIndows: Greetings, everyone. As the title reads, I want Windows XP's mspaint.exe and calc.exe for using them on my Windows 10 but the results I'm getting by searching the net don't seem quite reliable. Is there any still up download link for these? If not, could anybody who lives...