"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

Discus and support "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jerpy Win User

When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this? Or is that not a thing at the moment? I think this would be an amazing feature, since I don't have my external hard drive always plugged in when my computer is on. It doesn't seem to be an option in the "select drive" itself, but is there somewhere else I can enable this?

:)

Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Frederik Long Win User

Why have File History when there is backup?

This is not correct. File History backs up files that are found in one of the libraries. You are free to add your own folders to the libraries.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2015
  3. seahawks65 Win User
    How do I map OneDrive or MEGA as a network drive that I can use with File History backup?

Well not with file history.

Use Windows back up and restore(7)

select to back up personal files, select to manually choose what you want to save

do the back up to the external location

Now go to that location for the back up and copy the Back up file and the MediaI.bin file to your one drive folder

You have now saved a copy and can at any time just click on this back up file without using back up and restore app and the restore of your back up files will begin.

seahawks65, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? - Similar Threads - using File History

2. Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?: Hey all - I have an issue with my newly-built Win10 Enterprise system (v1803 build 17713.1002), although I've seen this happen with another Win10 computer I own using the exact same physical NIC. Suddenly the WiFi will basically stop. Usually I cannot ping my default...
  3. OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive: Porque tarda tanto en sincronizar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/onedrive/ad55c504-4b85-4986-a967-649616d69d0a
  4. No thumbnails in start menu on start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnails in start menu on start-up: Since the April update (the latest one didn’t brick my PC, for a change), most of the thumbnails in my Start menu have vanished when the computer starts up. I know how to reset thumbnails, and that is the solution, but what is the reason for Windows not loading thumbnails...
  5. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  6. Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?

Sporadic Wi-Fi issue - possible memory leak?: Hey all - I have an issue with my newly-built Win10 Enterprise system (v1803 build 17713.1002), although I've seen this happen with another Win10 computer I own using the exact same physical NIC. Suddenly the WiFi will basically stop. Usually I cannot ping my default...
  7. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  8. MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy

MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy: This is a recent change- maybe because of updates? It asks me to connect with a proxy- but in my office we have no proxy connection. I can not find where to change the setting anywhere. When I try ti use FF for a intranet site, FF also asks me a loggin to proxy. 1 Now I...
  9. How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will see what is the bootres.dll file in the Windows 10 OS and where is it located. We will also see how to fix or replace a corrupted bootres.dll file that may prevent you from booting [...] This post How to fix corrupted bootres.dll file in...
  10. Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ISO - Media Creation Tool 1803 running super slow and doesn't ever show a file...: I have been trying to get an Windows 10 1803 ISO for my office for a VM Hypervisor. The Media Creation Tool 1803 is running really slow and when I lock my computer down for my work day so it can keep downloading, when I come back, the program is closed and the file is not...