Windows 10: "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

Discus and support "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jerpy Win User

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this? Or is that not a thing at the moment? I think this would be an amazing feature, since I don't have my external hard drive always plugged in when my computer is on. It doesn't seem to be an option in the "select drive" itself, but is there somewhere else I can enable this?

:)

Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015

2. Why have File History when there is backup?

This is not correct. File History backs up files that are found in one of the libraries. You are free to add your own folders to the libraries.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do I map OneDrive or MEGA as a network drive that I can use with File History backup?

Well not with file history.

Use Windows back up and restore(7)

select to back up personal files, select to manually choose what you want to save

do the back up to the external location

Now go to that location for the back up and copy the Back up file and the MediaI.bin file to your one drive folder

You have now saved a copy and can at any time just click on this back up file without using back up and restore app and the restore of your back up files will begin.

seahawks65, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

1. "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? - Similar Threads - using File History

2. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  3. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  4. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to use File History for separate source drives each backing up to different...

Is it possible to use File History for separate source drives each backing up to different...: I have two different hard disks that I would like to back up to separate disks. That is four total disks: drive C backs up to drive D, and drive E backs up to drive F. Is this possible to do with Windows? The only solutions I have found rely on third-party software. Thanks....
  6. Back up using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Back up using File History: Hi thereI have a portable Samsung external hard drive attached to my computer which I use for backup purposes.However File History does not recognise it as a usable drive. When I click on 'add a drive' in Back Up it says 'no usable drives found'. How can I make it recognise...
  7. Back up using File History

Back up using File History: Hi, I am trying to back up using file history but when I try to add a drive it says "No usable drives found". My WD Elements drive works fine and I can save my work there but when I try to Add a drive for back up using file history it says no usable drives found. Please help....
  8. Backing up using File History

Backing up using File History: If I back up using File History to an external storage, will it erase the existing data on the external storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-using-file-history/4126a239-ea5d-4b3d-84be-7a8dca371d5b
  9. Back-up and File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up and File History: I use Windows 10 Back-up and I swap between 2 Passport Drives every month so as to put one at a time safely away from the PC. Trouble is, whenever I Add A Drive, the default settings are Back Up Hourly and Keep Forever. And to back up folders I never use like Saved Games and...
  10. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de