Windows 10: "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

Discus and support "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jerpy Win User

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this? Or is that not a thing at the moment? I think this would be an amazing feature, since I don't have my external hard drive always plugged in when my computer is on. It doesn't seem to be an option in the "select drive" itself, but is there somewhere else I can enable this?

:)

Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015

2. Why have File History when there is backup?

This is not correct. File History backs up files that are found in one of the libraries. You are free to add your own folders to the libraries.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do I map OneDrive or MEGA as a network drive that I can use with File History backup?

Well not with file history.

Use Windows back up and restore(7)

select to back up personal files, select to manually choose what you want to save

do the back up to the external location

Now go to that location for the back up and copy the Back up file and the MediaI.bin file to your one drive folder

You have now saved a copy and can at any time just click on this back up file without using back up and restore app and the restore of your back up files will begin.

seahawks65, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

1. "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? - Similar Threads - using File History

2. File History - backed up file won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History - backed up file won't open: I have been using File History in Windows 10 for some time to back up my family history .uds files. Having had a problem and turned to these back ups I find they will not open. I have tried renaming them and moving them back to the original folder but still can't get any of...
  3. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de
  4. Using File History to Back Up a One Drive Folder

Using File History to Back Up a One Drive Folder: Is it possible to use File History to back up a OneDrive folder to a local network drive? Please note that I am >>not<< asking about using a OneDrive folder as the >>target<< of the backup. I want to make a local backup of a OneDrive folder on a local server. When I try...
  5. Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files

Retrieving OneDrive Back-up Files: I was using Microsoft Onedrive on my laptop to backup and sync certain folders and files. It was working okay. Then the hard drive crashed on the laptop so I can no longer boot up that device. I want to retrieve the backed-up data. If I go to the www.onedrive.live.com...
  6. File History Not Reliably Backing Up All Changes In OneDrive Folder

File History Not Reliably Backing Up All Changes In OneDrive Folder: I have been having a problem with File History not reliably backing up all changes in my OneDrive folder for several months and have yet to find a solution for it. I have my OneDrive folder selected as one to be backed up, but every time I run a backup, only some changes get...
  7. File history not backing up all files.

File history not backing up all files.: I just purchased a new SSD and reinstalled windows using the MS media creation tool. It installed the latest Windows 10 Pro 1809 I installed many apps and games. I decided to run File History as previous backups have failed miserably. I check my game folder in appdata...
  8. Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up: I have been using File History Backup ever since Windows10 was introduced. I just checked the last backup, and see it was Jan 1, 2018 - seams to have stopped working as of then, and don't know how to get it going again. I have it set to back up Daily and to keep History for 1...
  9. Windows 10 File History Not Backing Up Automatically

Windows 10 File History Not Backing Up Automatically: I've had Windows 10 file history enabled since i got Windows 10 on release. It backs up every hour and has been working fine for over a year. A few days ago i went to restore a file and noticed that the file was not in the backup. I checked my backup, and noticed that...
  10. File History not backing up Pictures

File History not backing up Pictures: Hi all - hoping you can help. I'm using File History on Windows 10 to back up my files on an external HDD. But it doesn't seem to be backing up my pictures even when I specifically add the pictures folder as something to be backed up. I did the first back up on this new PC...