Windows 10: "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

Discus and support "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jerpy Win User

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this? Or is that not a thing at the moment? I think this would be an amazing feature, since I don't have my external hard drive always plugged in when my computer is on. It doesn't seem to be an option in the "select drive" itself, but is there somewhere else I can enable this?

:)

Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015

2. Why have File History when there is backup?

This is not correct. File History backs up files that are found in one of the libraries. You are free to add your own folders to the libraries.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How do I map OneDrive or MEGA as a network drive that I can use with File History backup?

Well not with file history.

Use Windows back up and restore(7)

select to back up personal files, select to manually choose what you want to save

do the back up to the external location

Now go to that location for the back up and copy the Back up file and the MediaI.bin file to your one drive folder

You have now saved a copy and can at any time just click on this back up file without using back up and restore app and the restore of your back up files will begin.

seahawks65, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

1. "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? - Similar Threads - using File History

2. File history not backing up all files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history not backing up all files.: I just purchased a new SSD and reinstalled windows using the MS media creation tool. It installed the latest Windows 10 Pro 1809 I installed many apps and games. I decided to run File History as previous backups have failed miserably. I check my game folder in appdata...
  3. Backup using file history

Backup using file history: I am attempting to backup to my external drive using file history, I have done this many times before with no problem, but now it would appear file history does not see my external drive leaving a Red X after the drive name. Not had any problem before & I am using the same...
  4. File History does not back-up files held in the OneDrive folder even though physically held...

File History does not back-up files held in the OneDrive folder even though physically held...: On the PC I keep Documents, Pictures and Videos on the OneDrive folder so that any change i make on the PC is automatically added to OneDrive and thus fully available on my phone, Ipad and laptop. But this gives me a problem with the File History backup as none of the One...
  5. W10 File History not backing up selected folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 File History not backing up selected folders: Been having trouble with my WD external drive backup s/w, it keeps losing track of its external drive, so I decided to simply try using W10 File History to manage things. First, I have installed a SSD and migrated my OS there (as C:/), then formatted and set up all libraries...
  6. Using File History

Using File History: I thought I had set File History to continuously backup my files and delete the oldest ones as space became limited on the backup device... But recently when trying to restore the previous version of a file, it wouldn't do so... and on further examination of the settings I...
  7. I cannot back up: "file history does not recognize this file"

I cannot back up: "file history does not recognize this file": In the advance settings, I have the following message: "file history does not recognize this file". Then I go to "select another drive" and select it again and get message "file history drive is disconnected". The drive is connected and works fine....
  8. Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up

Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up: I have been using File History Backup ever since Windows10 was introduced. I just checked the last backup, and see it was Jan 1, 2018 - seams to have stopped working as of then, and don't know how to get it going again. I have it set to back up Daily and to keep History for 1...
  9. Windows 10 File History Not Backing Up Automatically

Windows 10 File History Not Backing Up Automatically: I've had Windows 10 file history enabled since i got Windows 10 on release. It backs up every hour and has been working fine for over a year. A few days ago i went to restore a file and noticed that the file was not in the backup. I checked my backup, and noticed that...
  10. File History not backing up Pictures

File History not backing up Pictures: Hi all - hoping you can help. I'm using File History on Windows 10 to back up my files on an external HDD. But it doesn't seem to be backing up my pictures even when I specifically add the pictures folder as something to be backed up. I did the first back up on this new PC...