"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

Discus and support "Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jerpy Win User

When selecting a "drive" for file history which I'd like to enable for the cloud, specifically onedrive. Is there an ability to use this/support this? Or is that not a thing at the moment? I think this would be an amazing feature, since I don't have my external hard drive always plugged in when my computer is on. It doesn't seem to be an option in the "select drive" itself, but is there somewhere else I can enable this?

:)

Jerpy, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Frederik Long Win User

Why have File History when there is backup?

This is not correct. File History backs up files that are found in one of the libraries. You are free to add your own folders to the libraries.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2015
  3. seahawks65 Win User
    How do I map OneDrive or MEGA as a network drive that I can use with File History backup?

Well not with file history.

Use Windows back up and restore(7)

select to back up personal files, select to manually choose what you want to save

do the back up to the external location

Now go to that location for the back up and copy the Back up file and the MediaI.bin file to your one drive folder

You have now saved a copy and can at any time just click on this back up file without using back up and restore app and the restore of your back up files will begin.

seahawks65, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible?

"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? - Similar Threads - using File History

1. WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file

in Windows 10 Support
    WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file: I managed to create an answer file for Win10 and the installation was a success not having to input anything at all. However, in File Explorer the WinRE drive appears. This was not the case when installing Win10 normally. How can I edit the XML answer file to have the WinRE...
  2. best 'file manager' you've used? no needs/requirements here

in Windows 10 Support
    best 'file manager' you've used? no needs/requirements here: I can recommend MultiCommander -- as it is one of the few file managers that allows you to retain date/time stamps when copying files or folders. And, it is free.
  3. Backup using File History

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup using File History: Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups? 62035
  4. how to use file history on a partition (of the same drive) [solved]

in Windows 10 Support
    how to use file history on a partition (of the same drive) [solved]: To use a partition you must first turn on the sharing option on it. So click on your partition, go to property, on the sharing tab click on advanced sharing. Share it with yourselves, or the other. Then run: filehistory, click on configure file history select your partition....
  5. Use File History or Win 7 Backup & Restore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Use File History or Win 7 Backup & Restore?: I've been using Backup & Restore on some Win 7 systems but now I have added a new Win 10 PC (from HP). It's not entirely clear to me why I would use the Win 10 File History facility versus Win 7 Backup & Restore. File History looks like a partial backup. I'd prefer a full...
  6. Using File History to recover files from a different machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Using File History to recover files from a different machine: Hi all, I would assume this should be simple, but I can't figure it out. I had File History turned on an old machine that I'd upgraded to Windows 10. The machine was working fine with File History backing up files to an external storage drive. The machine died recently...
  7. Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated ..

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated ..: If I have create install.wim from an existing installation (running) and created my answer from another install.wim , should I create a answer file from the install.wim I created from the existing install or are they install.wim independent? can I used the install.wim from...
"Back up using File History" on OneDrive possible? solved