Windows 10: Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903

Discus and support Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Got all sorts of goofy....can't help but think it was due to operator being a buckethead. All of my images that I already edited and exported out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by doug crann, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903

Got all sorts of goofy....can't help but think it was due to operator being a buckethead. All of my images that I already edited and exported out of Lightroom had additional junk added to the file name. Everything in my document folder did as well. Some of my downloaded programs no longer install, don't remember the error code. Many images that are in my "to be posted" folders are now duplicated...in some cases triplicated. This happened to many of my files in my document folder as well. A screen capture of one of my images...
    Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903 [​IMG]
    (hopefully this image is just a thumbnail and can be blown up). I know the data is just a date code of sorts but how do I avoid this from happening in the future. I very well may just go back to the way I was copying things, just right clicking, hit copy and then paste it to my backup drives. ANy help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Merry Christmas

:)

doug crann, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2019
  3. #Jon# Win User
    File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Dec 27, 2019
  4. GaryBetty Win User

Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903

1. Back Up Using File History...Windows 10 Version 1903 - Similar Threads - Using File History

2. Back up using File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Back up using File History: Hi thereI have a portable Samsung external hard drive attached to my computer which I use for backup purposes.However File History does not recognise it as a usable drive. When I click on 'add a drive' in Back Up it says 'no usable drives found'. How can I make it recognise...
  3. Back up using File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up using File History: Hi, I am trying to back up using file history but when I try to add a drive it says "No usable drives found". My WD Elements drive works fine and I can save my work there but when I try to Add a drive for back up using file history it says no usable drives found. Please help....
  4. Backing up using File History

Backing up using File History: If I back up using File History to an external storage, will it erase the existing data on the external storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-using-file-history/4126a239-ea5d-4b3d-84be-7a8dca371d5b
  5. Windows 10 file history not backing up.

Windows 10 file history not backing up.: Ever since 7/29 my backup hasnt been working, i have tried 4 times now already but the size and date for the most recent backup hasnt changed it says, I dont know if thats a glitch or not but I might be getting a new PC soon and I will try and change the hard drives out and...
  6. File history back up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history back up.: Hi, when I back up file history to an external drive it does not save my picture library. I have used different drives but no pictures are saved. I do have a one drive account as well but would love to get my pictures on an external drive just in case. Any ideas? Cheers,...
  7. Back-up and File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up and File History: I use Windows 10 Back-up and I swap between 2 Passport Drives every month so as to put one at a time safely away from the PC. Trouble is, whenever I Add A Drive, the default settings are Back Up Hourly and Keep Forever. And to back up folders I never use like Saved Games and...
  8. backing up files using File History to a flash drive

backing up files using File History to a flash drive: I have been using File History (Windows 10) to back up my files on a flash drive but am unable to verify that these files have in fact been backed up. They don't appear when I examine the contents of the flash drive using file explorer. I have not needed to recover any...
  9. Fresh install Windows 10 (1903) "Back up using File History" Toggleswitch now fails with...

Fresh install Windows 10 (1903) "Back up using File History" Toggleswitch now fails with...: Hello, i was running 1803 before now, when windows update decided for some unsolvable reason it didn't wish to update me to 1903, so i reinstalled via a USB (Yes i checked the USB for bad-blocks and ran a checksum app after it was written, it came back verified. After...
  10. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de