Windows 10: Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA

Discus and support Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; CloneApp UA is a free program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system that users and administrators may use to back up or restore settings of UWP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jan 14, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA

CloneApp UA is a free program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system that users and administrators may use to back up or restore settings of UWP applications on Windows 10 devices.

The application supports reset and cache clearing operations next to that.

The application is related to CloneApp, an application for Windows to back up settings and other data of supported Win32 programs.

CloneApp UA supports the same functionality but for Microsoft Store applications, aka Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps.

Web browsers may prompt users for action when the program is downloaded; an attempt to download the program in Google Chrome was blocked by the browser initially. A click on the menu icon and the selection of "keep" unlocked it on the system, however, so that it could be run.

CloneApp UA

Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA backup-windows-10-apps.png

CloneApp UA does not need to be installed. The tested version is labeled as beta by the developer. The program's interface looks very similar to that of CloneApp.

First thing you need to do is click on the scan link to scan the current system for UWP applications. All UWP apps found are listed in the middle column after the scan. Each application is listed with its name and a checkbox to select it.

You may select one, some or all apps individually, or select all/none with a click on the select item in the left column.

The right column displays the log of operations. Once you have selected apps you may click on backup to start the backup process.

Apps are backed up to the Backup folder in the main program folder; ideal for portable use. A click on restore restores any application that is backed up, an option to restore the settings of individual applications does not seem to exist currently.

The only way around this, at the time of writing, seems to be to move all folders of backed up apps from the backup folder to another location to block their restoration.

CloneApp UA supports repair functionality next to that. Select one or multiple apps, and then the repair option to display available options.

Repair supports four operations currently:

1. Normal Reset
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Clear App Cache
    4. Clear App Store Cache

A normal reset clears the settings file, a hard reset settings files, app data, preferences, and sign-in details. System apps and installed Microsoft Store apps can be reset.

Closing Words and verdict

CloneApp UA is a specialized application to back up, restore, or reset UWP applications on devices running Windows 10.

The application may be useful, e.g. when using apps that don't support sync on multiple Windows 10 devices, for safekeeping, or other purposes.

It could use better restoration options, e.g. one that checks for backed up application profiles and displays those to the administrator to make a selection.

It might also be more useful if the developer would merge both applications, CloneApp and CloneApp Ua into a single app with filter options.

Now You: Do you back up (settings of) programs that you use?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jan 14, 2019
  2. TheSchaft Win User

CloneApp - Backup All Your App Settings

I came across this yesterday and tried it out on my new Windows 8.1 system. It does what it says - backs up all the settings folders and registry keys for your installed apps/applications.

It should be useful for generating a list of what you have installed (at a minimum) and saving off the folders and registry entries for your current system in case you want to blow it away and do a clean install. For Windows 10, you probably can't import the registry keys, but the restoring folders should work if that is where you have the ".ini" files or other settings.

It has plugins for 186 programs, and you can select them individually, or just the ones it detects. You can see what they are from this link, "allapps.txt" http://www.mirinsoft.com/downloads/c...rt/allapps.txt .

[edit] This also runs on Windows 10.
    If you've ever done a refresh, you know that you get an HTML file called "Removed Apps" that has the names, and maybe links, to stuff that was removed. Fine for getting rid of new system junk, not so fine if you have loaded in stuff like 8gadgetspack, 7-zip, IrfanView, MPC-HC, etc. and have set the options you like.

From the site, annotated:

"CloneApp enables easy backup of all your app settings from Windows directories and Registry.
    A fresh re-install always makes Windows much faster but that means you lose all your program settings.
    CloneApp will Backup all your App settings from Windows directories and the Registry and only those you really need.

The Idea behind is a bit different from the 'classic' Backup tool. The Main purpose is ONLY to backup all the Configurations files leaved in Windows Programm directories and the Registry."

NOTE: Run as Administrator

Site:
    New Project on the Run

From the Readme file:

Links and Resources to CloneApp
    ===============================
    Download: Domain Default page
    Changelog: Domain Default page
    Online Documentation: Domain Default page
    Official Plug-ins: Downloads - CloneApp - Plug-ins
    External Plug-ins (e.g. for backing up Windows Product keys etc.): Downloads - CloneApp - External Plug-ins
    Community Plug-ins: CloneApp :: Topics in CloneApp - Community Plug-ins (1/1)
    Support Forum: CloneApp :: Category Index
    License: Domain Default page ("The software is being licensed to you free of charge for your private personal use.")

TheSchaft, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Does CloneApp even work?

I suggest reading about it on some of the pages found by a search:
    CloneApp at DuckDuckGo
    Doesn't appear to me it's a full cloning program.

Berton, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Back up Windows 10 Apps Settings with CloneApp UA - Similar Threads - Apps Settings CloneApp

2. i want to disable UA setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to disable UA setting: issue regarding ucs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-ua-setting/ba1b74da-4170-410c-989a-39bc6e5d201a
  3. i want to disable UA setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to disable UA setting: issue regarding ucs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-ua-setting/ba1b74da-4170-410c-989a-39bc6e5d201a
  4. i want to disable UA setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. About Backing Up Apps Using Windows Back Up app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Backing Up Apps Using Windows Back Up app: As well as using Windows Back Up to back up folders, apps, settings and credentials, here's one question that I'd like to ask:Does Windows Back Up back up not only Microsoft Store apps and pinned app preferences but also Win32 apps? For example, Win32 apps are like Steam and...
  6. How to back up Camera app settings on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to back up Camera app settings on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]The webcam of your laptop or desktop can be pretty helpful at times. You can use them for security, video calls, live streaming, or clicking pictures. However, if you have configured your computer’s camera for a specific job, you might want to back up the camera...
  7. Setting UA

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting UA: I want change Administrator settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-ua/fcde8f6a-6d90-4fb3-810c-e0cf03109735
  8. Backing up WiFi settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up WiFi settings in windows 10: Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to backup all the connection settings used by my WiFi on my laptop, I have to restore them onto another laptop but do not want to loose all the logins and settings. If I could export them to a folder it would be a great help....
  9. CloneApp - Backup All Your App Settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    CloneApp - Backup All Your App Settings: I came across this yesterday and tried it out on my new Windows 8.1 system. It does what it says - backs up all the settings folders and registry keys for your installed apps/applications. It should be useful for generating a list of what you have installed (at a minimum)...
  10. Windows 10 UA Not Liking It

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 UA Not Liking It: Several issues after upgrade: 1)VPN Remote desk top icon does not load, but configuration still works to connect? 2)You cant turn off Contana, I'm not keen on this, its bothersome. I had it shut off completely before upgrade. 3)High contrast settings still not fixed. Now,...