Windows 10: Backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016

Discus and support Backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Q2 2016 saw Backblaze: introduce 8TB drives into our drive mix, kickoff a pod-to-vault migration of over 6.5 Petabytes of data, cross over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016

Read more: Hard Drive Failure Rates: The Results from 68,813 Hard Drives

:)

Brink, Aug 2, 2016

2. Is Windows 10 causing early HD failures

Yes, I checked out BackBlaze and their stats indicated that the drive that failed in my HP was actually pretty low in failure rates. I've seen a few forums addressing failures and some do question the big Win 10 updates as possibly finishing off a weak
    or defective drive. Anyway, HP replaced mine with a HGST 7200 RPM vs the old WD 5400 so at least its a better drive. Could be just a fluke but certainly I think Win 10 is a very busy OS for the storage drive from my observations.

jescott418, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Is there a preferred type of external hard drive to use for backing up a complete Windows system ?

Really it's a matter of how much do you care about risk? After 5 years, studies show that you have more than a 1-in-10 chance of your drive spontaneously failing that year. Which is actually only double from the first few years when it's already over 5%
    chance annual failure rate. No one really appreciates how fragile storing your data on only a single drive is. You're basically saying "it's okay to lose this at anytime".

I personally don't think it's ever acceptable to have only one copy of important files. When a drive dies, it usually gives no warning.

Now I do agree with you that you should expect it to last longer, and these statistics show that you have basically a 90% chance of being just fine doing that. It's kind of like thunderstorm forecasts call for a chance of rain, but the hidden subtext of
    how they can "right" so much is that the real forecast is "x % chance of thunderstorms occurring
    within 25 nautical miles of a given point within this forecast area". So yeah, but that definition you can be pretty spot on.

Backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016 [​IMG]

*Stats vary, I used
    this search query

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016

1. Backblaze: Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016 - Similar Threads - Backblaze Hard Drive

2. hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drives: i cant download stuff to one of my hard drives can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drives/1aaff0a4-d2f8-4282-be47-d124ad3077a9
  3. background stats?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    background stats?: is there a way to show certain stats (like if a twitch streamer is online) on my desktop background i think it would be cool submitted by /u/Karhutuoppi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwub40/background_stats/
  4. Intermitent Loss of Comms for Email, Dropbox & Backblaze

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermitent Loss of Comms for Email, Dropbox & Backblaze: When my PC first starts my mail client (Thunderbird) synchronises 3 mail accounts (2x outlook.com, 1 gmail). However after a short time (difficult to tell) no more Inbox messages are recieved and trying to send a message gets "Connection to server imap-outlook.com timed out"...
  5. Stats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stats: Can the Free Cell stats be reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stats/fceaa11e-0835-4273-a59b-7b7ba9269bbf
  6. Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q1 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q1 2019: [ATTACH] As of March 31, 2019, Backblaze had 106,238 spinning hard drives in our cloud storage ecosystem spread across three data centers. Of that number, there were 1,913 boot drives and 104,325 data drives. This review looks at the Q1 2019 and lifetime hard drive failure...
  7. Stats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stats: How do i reset the stats on spider and freecel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stats/36e9f386-8978-4345-9cc7-51285798fe47
  8. Question about Backblaze/cloud backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Backblaze/cloud backup?: For those of you familair with backblaze specifically (unsure if others handle it identically). I have a ridiculous amount of data thats growing daily. As it is I cant afford to invest in constant hard drive updates let alone a NAS for any type of redundancy. For...
  9. hard drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drives.: my question is if you are using more than 1 hard drive in your computer I run 3 ops on 3 different drives. when you down load the new win 10 can you install on any drive in your computer? or only the one you signed up for the new down load from Microsoft on? 7597
  10. The most reliable hard drives in 2015, according to Backblaze

in Windows 10 News
    The most reliable hard drives in 2015, according to Backblaze: Backblaze, a cloud storage company, records the reliability of different hard drives from different suppliers. The 2015 numbers reveal the success of the 4TB Seagate ST4000DM000, of which Backblaze now owns almost 30,000. Here's a surprise: Seagate hard drives may now be...