Windows 10: Backed up files - duplicated?

Discus and support Backed up files - duplicated? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I backed up my files to One Drive, and all my shortcut icons on my Desktop have suddenly been duplicated, and have a green tick next to them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barney M, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Barney M Win User

Backed up files - duplicated?

I backed up my files to One Drive, and all my shortcut icons on my Desktop have suddenly been duplicated, and have a green tick next to them. Have I done something wrong or is this normal?

:)

Barney M, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Apr 11, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Backed up files - duplicated?

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Backed up files - duplicated?

1. Backed up files - duplicated? - Similar Threads - Backed files duplicated

2. Duplicate 'File Clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate 'File Clean up: I am using Windows 11 on an HP laptop. I am looking for a software package that will look at the files on the system and on my cloud storage space One Drive and generate a list of duplicate files and their location. I would then take a look at the files to determine which...
  3. Duplicate 'File Clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate 'File Clean up: I am using Windows 11 on an HP laptop. I am looking for a software package that will look at the files on the system and on my cloud storage space One Drive and generate a list of duplicate files and their location. I would then take a look at the files to determine which...
  4. Back up files

Back up files: there are several repeated files 'back up.....' each time I have to edit the files, is back up automatically, how stop this from happening ?I just the main file. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-files/a08a8c70-05ce-4516-914d-a7c3b2e8af5a
  5. Back Up Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up Files: G'day,I have been trying to find some WORD DOCUMENT FILES. I cannot find them. I have done a BACK UP some time ago. I would like to know how I could look through this back up to see if the files are there. I do not want to RESTORE them. I would like to find my old Document...
  6. Back Up Files

Back Up Files: G'day,I have been trying to find some WORD DOCUMENT FILES. I cannot find them. I have done a BACK UP some time ago. I would like to know how I could look through this back up to see if the files are there. I do not want to RESTORE them. I would like to find my old Document...
  7. Back Up Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Backing Up Files

Backing Up Files: I have set up the backup feature in settings to an external hard drive via Expansion D. It states that files have been backed up to FileHistory but when I check it contains no files. What am I doing wrong?...
  9. backing up files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backing up files: I want to change the drive and user that is being used on my computer. They are currently in (F) files user lat10 which is an incorrect user. I want to backup to drive (E) with Linda as the user. I also have many, many files under lat10 that were under lat101 until...
  10. back up files

back up files: cant find my back up files for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/back-up-files/007e4ca4-6dc2-4498-b5cb-dbf1507d738c