Windows 10: Backed up files - duplicated?

Discus and support Backed up files - duplicated? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I backed up my files to One Drive, and all my shortcut icons on my Desktop have suddenly been duplicated, and have a green tick next to them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barney M, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Barney M Win User

Backed up files - duplicated?

I backed up my files to One Drive, and all my shortcut icons on my Desktop have suddenly been duplicated, and have a green tick next to them. Have I done something wrong or is this normal?

:)

Barney M, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Apr 11, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Backed up files - duplicated?

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Backed up files - duplicated?

1. Backed up files - duplicated? - Similar Threads - Backed files duplicated

2. Backing up old files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up old files: Hello All, I have old files backed up on floppy disks and old CDs. I need to download the floppy files to my computer and then back them up to an external hard drive. I bought an external floppy drive, which is supposed to work with Windows 10. My Questions: Am I...
  3. file back up

file back up: I keep getting the message that I need to back up my files. I plug in my external hard drive and click "back up now" It shows that I just backed up my files, but when I click on my external hard drive, I see nothing with today's date. When I click on file history, I get...
  4. files not backed up

files not backed up: How can I cure the following problem thrown up after trying to make a backup on my external drive: C:\Users\Tony\Desktop\Sleep better. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002 The backup is apparently complete apart from the above legend relating to the one file! Would be...
  5. File history back up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history back up.: Hi, when I back up file history to an external drive it does not save my picture library. I have used different drives but no pictures are saved. I do have a one drive account as well but would love to get my pictures on an external drive just in case. Any ideas? Cheers,...
  6. Backing Up Files

Backing Up Files: I have set up the backup feature in settings to an external hard drive via Expansion D. It states that files have been backed up to FileHistory but when I check it contains no files. What am I doing wrong?...
  7. back up file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    back up file: I had a MAC computer and I had all my files backed up to an external drive and also on to my new HP computer. However, I need to find my sage accounting file and I can not seem to find it nor do I know what to look for on the back up. I thought when I opened the back up all...
  8. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de
  9. backing up files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backing up files: I want to change the drive and user that is being used on my computer. They are currently in (F) files user lat10 which is an incorrect user. I want to backup to drive (E) with Linda as the user. I also have many, many files under lat10 that were under lat101 until...
  10. back up files

back up files: cant find my back up files for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/back-up-files/007e4ca4-6dc2-4498-b5cb-dbf1507d738c