Windows 10: Background activity on Windows

Discus and support Background activity on Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I need to be able to see if a computer is installing drivers in the background, and installing third-party applications is not an option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cardoso G., May 21, 2019.

1. Background activity on Windows

Hi there,

I need to be able to see if a computer is installing drivers in the background, and installing third-party applications is not an option.

I am basically trying to find a quick way (as fast as possible) to see if I need to intervene installing drivers manually or if the drivers are already being installed automatically.

The computers that I deal with usually run windows 10 and the drivers that I struggle to most with are drivers for specific docking stations.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

:)

Cardoso G., May 21, 2019
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, May 21, 2019
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 21, 2019
  4. Background activity on Windows

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Background activity on Windows

1. Background activity on Windows - Similar Threads - Background activity

2. "Activate windows" watermark freezes it's background in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Activate windows" watermark freezes it's background in game: For context i have windows 11 pro, version 23H2, I gave my laptop to a guy since I'm not tech savvy, everything was fine until some months ago, everytime I try to troubleshoot it gives me an error, any help?...
  3. "Activate windows" watermark freezes it's background in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Activate windows" watermark freezes it's background in game: For context i have windows 11 pro, version 23H2, I gave my laptop to a guy since I'm not tech savvy, everything was fine until some months ago, everytime I try to troubleshoot it gives me an error, any help?...
  4. Cannot stream CNN in the background while other MS apps are active!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot stream CNN in the background while other MS apps are active!: Good morning experts,For the past few weeks I have noticed something strange possibly after some windows update where I used to be able to have a browser it is happening with EITHER Edge or Chrome actively running a stream, such as CNN but while that is running when I open...
  5. Cannot stream CNN in the background while other MS apps are active!

Cannot stream CNN in the background while other MS apps are active!: Good morning experts,For the past few weeks I have noticed something strange possibly after some windows update where I used to be able to have a browser it is happening with EITHER Edge or Chrome actively running a stream, such as CNN but while that is running when I open...
  6. Cannot stream in the background while other apps are active!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot stream in the background while other apps are active!: Good morning experts,For the past few weeks I have noticed something strange possibly after some windows update where I used to be able to have a browser it is happening with EITHER Edge or Chrome actively running a stream, such as CNN but while that is running when I open...
  7. Cannot stream in the background while other apps are active!

Cannot stream in the background while other apps are active!: Good morning experts,For the past few weeks I have noticed something strange possibly after some windows update where I used to be able to have a browser it is happening with EITHER Edge or Chrome actively running a stream, such as CNN but while that is running when I open...
  8. Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...: My computer has started crashing mid game. I made sure active hours was set correctly and made sure all updates and drivers were up to date. It has happened multiple times since. I checked the event viewer and I find under system 6 updates had been done, 1 spotify had failed....
  9. Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...

Why does Windows 11 do updates in the background, during active hours that do not show up...: My computer has started crashing mid game. I made sure active hours was set correctly and made sure all updates and drivers were up to date. It has happened multiple times since. I checked the event viewer and I find under system 6 updates had been done, 1 spotify had failed....
  10. Can not find background activity setting. want to enable it on an application

Can not find background activity setting. want to enable it on an application: I can not find the setting that lets you disable and enable background activity. I've tried everything, repairing windows, enabling the feature in registry editor, and enabling the feature from gpedit.msc, but no matter what I can't find it. I've tried going into battery...