Windows 10: Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture

Discus and support Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my background to be a picture of my own, and the lock screen to be Windows Spotlight. However, even after changing it in Settings, it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brentep, May 18, 2020.

1. Brentep Win User

Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture

I want my background to be a picture of my own, and the lock screen to be Windows Spotlight. However, even after changing it in Settings, it keeps defaulting back to the bing picture the following day.

Why doesn't Microsoft solve this issue instead of having me waste my time fixing an error they made?

I have a Mac also...and guess what....I've never had this problem. Should have never made the switch to PC. It will only be temporary.

:)

Brentep, May 18, 2020

2. Lock Screen background picture

Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen.
    I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture.
    I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I can't find any option to save the image. on closing the window & returning to the lock screen the picture does not appear to save and returns to the standard blue background with date and time.
    I can't find any option to save the image as a lock screen wallpaper.
    Does anybody have any suggestions.
    Regards,
    Mark.

anorakmark, May 18, 2020
  3. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, May 18, 2020
  4. Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture

Bing Lock Screen Not Updating in WP8.1

Hi,

I'm using WP8.1 on Lumia 730. I use bing as my lock screen and it was updating daily until a couple of days ago. Since then, the lock screen stops updating.

What I have tried:

• Changing lock screen to picture, restart, and changing it back to bing. It showed gray curtain which I believe is the default 730 lock screen, and not updating in the next day.
    • Changing lock screen to instagram, restart, and changing it back to bing. It showed picture of stars which I believe is the default bing lock screen and still not updating.
    • Restore my phone to factory default (ouch) and set lock screen to bing. Result is the same with no.2 and not updating.
    • Soft reset using vol down + power, set date time to manual, force sync my microsoft account. Result is the same with no.2 and not updating.
    What I'm trying to avoid:

• Tricking it to update manually every day. Because I believe it doesn't mean to work that way.
    • Bing updating only if I'm connecting to my home wifi. Because I believe it doesn't take a fiber optic internet just to download 1280x720 image.
    Annoyingly, I also have an old Lumia 800 which running WP7.8 with bing lock screen updating ok. This is actually why I first noticed that my wp8.1 lock screen not updating.

normanlubis, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture

1. Background and Lock Screen keep defaulting to bing picture - Similar Threads - Background Lock Screen

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  6. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  7. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Removing the lock screen background picture.

Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  9. Issue with lock screen background picture

Issue with lock screen background picture: In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked. Yet every tine I boot my desktop computer, I see the same "background" picture a Paris monument. I am not asked if I like it or...
  10. Lock Screen background picture

Lock Screen background picture: Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen. I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture. I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I...