Windows 10: Background and/or screensaver

Discus and support Background and/or screensaver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What happened to the feature where the screen saver was "live" and would automatically change and based on whether you liked it or not it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lucia&ewi{}, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Background and/or screensaver

What happened to the feature where the screen saver was "live" and would automatically change and based on whether you liked it or not it would continue changing along a similar theme? I seem to have lost that feature and now it's the standard choice of about 5 options for a background/screensaver.

:)

Lucia&ewi{}, Nov 14, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Background and/or screensaver :)

terrace, Nov 14, 2018
  3. How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Nov 14, 2018
  4. User919 Win User

Background and/or screensaver

Screensavers Bubbles - background is faulty

On normal boot screensaver Bubbles runs on background of system settings color.

If the screensaver is run after wake up from sleep it runs on black background.

How can it be soluted?

Where in registry I can found keys related to screensaver settings? Especially the one to
    set background to desktop.

User919, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Background and/or screensaver

1. Background and/or screensaver - Similar Threads - Background screensaver

2. screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs: screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensavers-backgroundswallpaper-apply-to-all/4d07ee20-35f7-4f83-bfdc-8f5473e70af5
  3. screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs: screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensavers-backgroundswallpaper-apply-to-all/4d07ee20-35f7-4f83-bfdc-8f5473e70af5
  4. screensavers & backgrounds/wallpaper apply to all laptops email signature designs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Bubble Screensaver ONLY has blank background instead of the bubbles on the last...

Windows 10 Bubble Screensaver ONLY has blank background instead of the bubbles on the last...: I am copying & pasting a post that was made here about the exact same problem I have. They made this post in 2012, in reference to Windows 8. But here I am on Windows 10 & I'm having this exact same issue. Anyone lend any help about this situation? "When setting a theme, if I...
  6. Windows 10 Bubble Screensaver ONLY has blank background instead of the bubbles on the last...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bubble Screensaver ONLY has blank background instead of the bubbles on the last...: I am copying & pasting a post that was made here about the exact same problem I have. They made this post in 2012, in reference to Windows 8. But here I am on Windows 10 & I'm having this exact same issue. Anyone lend any help about this situation? "When setting a theme, if I...
  7. Windows 10 Bubble Screensaver ONLY has blank background instead of the bubbles on the last...

8. screensaver background issue

screensaver background issue: I choose one folder as my screensaver background on my laptop. How can I make it smaller? It covers the whole screen but some of them is blurry and hard to enjoy....
  9. screensaver background issue

screensaver background issue: I choose one folder as my screensaver background on my laptop. How can I make it smaller? It covers the whole screen but some of them is blurry and hard to enjoy....
  10. screensaver background issue

in Windows 10 Gaming