Windows 10: Background and task bar changed after update

Discus and support Background and task bar changed after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop and desktop computer and both are running Windows 10. Since a recent update both computers have changed the background on my desktop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JHolmesy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JHolmesy Win User

Background and task bar changed after update

I have a laptop and desktop computer and both are running Windows 10. Since a recent update both computers have changed the background on my desktop to black and the task bar is now white. I have manually set it back to my picture as my background and black in the task bar. It keeps changing it back to the black background and white task bar... anyone know a permanent fix to set it back to the way I had it before the update?

:)

JHolmesy, Jan 17, 2020
  2. AlDandrea Win User

How do I change the task bar background color?

My task bar background suddenly is white instead of the usual blue. How do I change the task bar background color?

AlDandrea, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Cortana background task host

Hi,

Cortana background task host is a standard Windows process that may affect a computer's performance. For us to properly assist you in disabling this task, we would like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Aside from attempting to disable the Search bar, have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Background and task bar changed after update

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Background and task bar changed after update

1. Background and task bar changed after update - Similar Threads - Background task bar

2. White background and Task Bar Does not work after launching Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White background and Task Bar Does not work after launching Minecraft: This all started yesterday. I launch Minecraft, and once forge loads then the background goes white, all my tabs are at the bottom left of this white screen, and the only way to switch between windows is the alt tab, which also looks different from the original screen. Even...
  3. Task bar changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar changes: My task bar does not work like it did before most recent update. Specifically, what changes have been made to the taskbar functionality? For me, the taskbar no longer pops up automatically when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. It still does this with Edge and...
  4. Changing colours of the Task Bar

Changing colours of the Task Bar: I am trying to change the colour of my Taskbar etc but when I am on the Personalize/Colors screen the Start, taskbar, and action center" check box is gray which indicates that I can not check this box. What setting is controlling this check box?,...
  5. Task Bar issues after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Bar issues after update: Hi After the May 2020 update 2004, right-click is not working on icons on the taskbar, also left-click is not working on volume/network/battery and action center icons. I have tried disabling all context menu extensions and was hoping that a recent update might fix the...
  6. settings won't let me change task bar background color

settings won't let me change task bar background color: settings won't let me change task bar background color., it's either white or black. Am I stuck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-let-me-change-task-bar-background/fc65e16d-6d75-4f57-9594-f2e58c84bf79
  7. Colour change on Task Bar.

Colour change on Task Bar.: I updated my windows 10 yesterday and now my task bar has gone back to the 1990! I have googled instructions on how to change it but my Start, taskbar, and action center is not clickable. Any help apreciated. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  8. My bottom task bar has background. And this changes. Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bottom task bar has background. And this changes. Win10: My bottom task bar has background and this is changing. Might it be to do with the fact that I have now finally managed to update my AMD driver from 18.5.1 to 18.8.3...
  9. Task bar change size after restart.

Task bar change size after restart.: Hi Community, I'm using windows 10 on MSI laptop. It's been a while since I've got issue with task bar changing size to regular after each restart of the computer. I normally keep it on two lines height and autohide. How to fix this issue as all articles i went through...
  10. Change icon in task bar

Change icon in task bar: I'm trying to change the Google icon in the task bar. I right click on the current icon, click on properties, click on change icon, select new icon, click on apply - and nothing happens!...