Windows 10: Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it

Discus and support Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my work laptop (Lenovo yoga C940) I often leave a lot of things running in the background that I plan to come back to. Things like articles in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/upsidedownonacouch, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it

On my work laptop (Lenovo yoga C940) I often leave a lot of things running in the background that I plan to come back to. Things like articles in chrome that I want to read later or a simple to-do list in notepad that I can check off as I go. Something seems to be killing these idle applications, and I can't find what it is or how to stop it. I really don't want this 'feature'. I assume it is for power saving, but I always have power plugged in and power saving is turned off. Does anybody know where I could find a setting to fix this?

submitted by /u/upsidedownonacouch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/upsidedownonacouch, Jan 26, 2021

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?

@UltimatePOPCORN, They don't appear to be background processes either. You cropped your screenshot a bit too much to tell for sure, but the only way I can reproduce a screenshot that looks like yours is to actually run the Apps...

Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it [​IMG]

...when (of course) they will need some memory. When closed, they don't appear in my Task Manager at all - either in the
    Apps (..) or Background processes (...) lists. Do you have them set to run at start-up? Look in Task Manager's Start-up tab, if that turns out to be the case you can disable them there.

4. Johan45 Win User

Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it

1. Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it - Similar Threads - Background applications auto

2. Restart application when background auto changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart application when background auto changes: I have set my current background mode to slideshow. Every 5 minutes the background changes to a random image in a folder. However, I am using a rainmeter widget that depends on the background to be visible the blur is generated off the background, and when the background...
  3. Restart application when background auto changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart application when background auto changes: I have set my current background mode to slideshow. Every 5 minutes the background changes to a random image in a folder. However, I am using a rainmeter widget that depends on the background to be visible the blur is generated off the background, and when the background...
  4. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Cortana
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  5. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed: Hello everyone,The past 4 days Search Application has been stopping and restarting for no reason. SourceSearch applicationSummaryStopped responding and was closedDate‎21/‎08/‎2022 23:07StatusReport sentDescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  6. Seach Application Stopped responding and was closed

7. Application force close other apps running in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application force close other apps running in the background: I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in background example chrome or any other software force close, even if I minimise the video streaming application my username is...
  8. Application force close other apps running in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application force close other apps running in the background: I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in background example chrome or any other software force close, even if I minimise the video streaming application my username is...
  9. background applications are not closed it still on my task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    background applications are not closed it still on my task view: i can not close it while i am trying to close apps are stucking what can i do please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-applications-are-not-closed-it-still-on/3c1da3ae-079c-48bf-b260-f9ca983f1a5b
  10. How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?

How to ACTUALLY stop apps from auto-starting in the background?: Windows 10 starts apps automatically in the background, so when you start the apps, they will launch faster. But I don't need that. The background apps settings in the Settings app don't change anything. Is there another workaround for that? Look at the Photos app,...