Windows 10: Background Apps Greyed Out

Discus and support Background Apps Greyed Out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MJones244, Dec 13, 2021.

1. MJones244 Win User

Background Apps Greyed Out

Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out what the issue is. I think I somehow turned on some setting that I can't seem to find to turn off. Originally, I had thought it was the Game Mode settings that disable background apps, but I have flipped it on and off multiple times to no avail. Here are the instructions I received from speaking to customer support - I di

:)

MJones244, Dec 13, 2021

2. Grey background in Photos app

Normally, the background on the home page in Photos app shows pictures in the phone randomly.

When I first bought Lumia 720 and I took pictures, there isn't any grey background in the Photos app.

I have used it for almost 4 months and found that it started to show grey background in the Photos app.

Then yesterday, I copied my old photos to my PC to back up and I deleted the copied photos.

After that, it shows grey background more than 50% that I have opened Photos app.

What should I do?

Surawich SunWS, Dec 13, 2021
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 13, 2021
  4. NicowyN Win User

[Photos app] Black background to grey ?!

Hi,

I don't know why but background of photos app windows 10 turn to grey ?! I use dark mode, and selected it in settings of application photo but still grey ? Why ?

Can i reverse to go back to black background please ?

Help me!

NicowyN, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Background Apps Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Background Apps Greyed

2. As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As of yesterday, photos in the app are greyed out: When opening photos in the link app from Win 10, I just get solid grey thumbnails. If I open the photo in PhoneLink it also shows a grey box and no photo. If I select the "open" link to open it into the Windows photo preview app, then I can see the photo. Sometimes thumbnails...
  3. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  4. Delault apps greyed out

Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  5. Background apps toggle is greyed out - Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background apps toggle is greyed out - Please help: [ATTACH] Does anybody know why this is? I am logged in as a administrator https://preview.redd.it/cjyn299p8du81.jpg?width=953&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bce80e526efa83d4b5c61faae454fb8763abe2fa submitted by /u/mymanbossman69 [link] [comments]...
  6. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  7. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  8. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  9. ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT: ALL OF MY MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT WITH A EXCALAMATION SIGN.. I UPDATED MY WINDOWS BUT NOTHING CHANGED WHAT SHOULD I DO ? PLEASE HELP MICROSOFT... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-microsoft-apps-greyed-out/15f24896-9100-4fab-ab18-7241e05d7193
  10. Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out

Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out: I purchased Minecraft last year and I recently attempted to install it on my PC. On the Minecraft page, the box shows free, but its greyed out. It's been like this for several months now. WSRESET.exe doesn't work and the powershell execution policy trick doesn't work...