Windows 10: Background Apps have been disabled by your administrator

Discus and support Background Apps have been disabled by your administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; idk why it and other settings got disabled and how to fix it please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Đào Thịnh, May 20, 2022.

1. Background Apps have been disabled by your administrator

idk why it and other settings got disabled and how to fix it please

:)

Đào Thịnh, May 20, 2022
  2. hdmi Win User

Is it bad idea to disable apps from running in the background?

Keep in mind that most apps aren't even capable to be run in the background, yet, they still also appear on that list that lets you choose to disable them from running in the background. In fact the Microsoft Store app that appears on that list is just nothing more than the GUI element so disabling it from running in the background does exactly nothing. It is perfectly safe to disable ALL apps from running in the background. Only if you want specific things like Mail app checking for new incoming e-mail messages giving you Toast notifications in Action Center and the like, then you might want to let those specific ones run in the background.

3. Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    2. Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, May 20, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Background Apps have been disabled by your administrator

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Background Apps have been disabled by your administrator

1. Background Apps have been disabled by your administrator - Similar Threads - Background Apps been

2. "This app has been blocked by your administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This app has been blocked by your administrator": Trying to launch microsoft your phone app and get "This app has been blocked by your administrator" Windows 10 pro I have already tried the Appblocker, gpe, and registery suggestions to no avail. 183156
  3. Administrator. Your Account has been disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator. Your Account has been disabled: I have reset my daughters Lenovo laptop, but now i am getting an error message that won't let me get passed this screen. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-your-account-has-been-disabled/ffce44aa-ea17-400c-8537-e0d8a72b18ba
  4. Administrator your account has been disabled. please see your system administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator your account has been disabled. please see your system administrator: I am stuck in the log in screen without my picture name ext. if i click ok, it brings me to a button for sign in, were if i click that, it brings me to the same screen. I have the internet, ease of access, and power buttons in the corner. Safe mode might be enabled but i...
  5. Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator: My Task Manager is not working .. I tried to open task manager in my other local account it is started working but it is not working in my Microsoft administrator account. What should i do?...
  6. ‘Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator’

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ‘Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator’: I can’t get into my laptop as whenever I try to sign in that text keeps coming up, I’ve tried making a new account from CMD and logging in to that, I have tried to get in through a SAM file but the message keeps coming back up. Btw, I deleted my primary account and I am...
  7. Your account has been disabled, Please see your system administrator

in Windows 10 News
    Your account has been disabled, Please see your system administrator: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are not able to log into your user account and you see a message – Your account has been disabled, Please see your system administrator on Windows 10/8/7, follow this solution. You won’t be able to access your [...] This post Your account has been...
  8. This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016: I clicked to use the help in MS Excel and I got an error message stating that the feature was disabled my my administrator. However this is my home computer and I am the only person that uses the computer. I opened up Word and tried clicking on help and I get the same error...
  9. This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    This feature has been disabled by your administrator Office 2016: I clicked to use the help in MS Excel and I got an error message stating that the feature was disabled my my administrator. However this is my home computer and I am the only person that uses the computer. I opened up Word and tried clicking on help and I get the same error...
  10. Administrator - Your account has been disabled. Please see your sys...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator - Your account has been disabled. Please see your sys...: I was booting into safe mode after my own admin account was accidentally changed to a normal user and the message saying "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator." and the only thing I can interact with is the OK button. I can't do anything else...