Windows 10: Background apps

Discus and support Background apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone help me with this problem? Why is it happening? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VitorOliveira_897, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Background apps

Can someone help me with this problem?

Why is it happening?

Background apps 6066807a-e80c-42de-96cc-09182e5f1c69?upload=true.png

:)

VitorOliveira_897, Jun 21, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Jun 21, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Background apps

Background Apps Annoying

You can go to Settings App
    search for background
    click on let apps run in the background

Scroll through the list to see if they're listed there.

swarfega, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Background apps

1. Background apps - Similar Threads - Background apps

2. Blank Control Panel always in background apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Control Panel always in background apps: Every time I open/restart my laptop, a Blank Control Panel is always in background apps Is there a way to fix this?# i tried to add a picture of it but it's failing to insert it every time sorry :...
  3. Blank Control Panel always in background apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Control Panel always in background apps: Every time I open/restart my laptop, a Blank Control Panel is always in background apps Is there a way to fix this?# i tried to add a picture of it but it's failing to insert it every time sorry :...
  4. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  5. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  6. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  7. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  8. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  9. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  10. How do i remove these app background in app list?

How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165