Windows 10: Background black screen

Discus and support Background black screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jesse DanielManansala, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Background black screen

I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?

:)

Jesse DanielManansala, Jul 6, 2020

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Marivel Man, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Background black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Background black screen

1. Background black screen - Similar Threads - Background black screen

2. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  3. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  4. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen w/ Audio in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen w/ Audio in Background: Have tried different suggestions.....as per the original post. Helpful suggestions from Lester Bernard, but no luck on any of them. So, here we are again...Original Post: Hi, Have been trying to trouble shoot this issue since Nov. 2020. Screen goes black within a few...
  6. Black background

Black background: I switched on this morning and the desktop background had gone black, went to personalisation, etc, etc. , changed the colour back to blue - but can't see for the life of me how to apply this or avoid having to do it again. No apply button, enter button, save button, so as...
  7. Start Screen only has Black Background

Start Screen only has Black Background: For some reason, my Start Screen's background is solid black instead of showing my themed image. I have tinkered with the personalization settings but nothing seems to help. I am using Windows 365 and this problem promulgates across all four of my computers. Yesterday it...
  8. my computer has no background (black screen)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer has no background (black screen): I have tried searching for a solution but all the solutions don't work for me. I use windows 10 pro I am able to use ctrl alt delete I am able to load task manager I can use run through task manager but shortcut doesn't work cmd doesn't load and closes my task manager...
  9. Black background

Black background: When I switched un my computer this morning it asked for a password. I was horrified because with Microsoft help I did away with the password option a few years ago. I switched off and took out battery and when I powered up again it seemed fine but the background is black...
  10. Black background

Black background: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my desktop theme/picture is fine, but my task bar and all other screens have a black back ground. How do I change this? 38382