Windows 10: background color in file explorer

Discus and support background color in file explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JKSJIM, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JKSJIM Win User

background color in file explorer

OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up when I click the Windows icon at lower left?

:)

JKSJIM, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 14, 2020
  4. background color in file explorer

Folder Background colors

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I completely understand the way you feel at the moment. You may try the below suggested steps to change the look of the File explorer.

Are the computers connected to any Domain Network?

Kevin, you can only change the background color of File Explorer to black and the only way to do this is to go to
    Settings > Personalization > Colors > Under
    Choose your default app mode, choose Dark. Once you change this setting, you will experience the entire user interface of File Explorer, Context menu, Save and open dialog, Settings application with the blackish color.

If you want to change the background of Outlook, then I suggest you to refer
    Change the look and feel of Office with themes
    and check if this helps.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

background color in file explorer

1. background color in file explorer - Similar Threads - background color file

2. Windows Explorer background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer background color: I'm using Windows Explorer in my work a lot. Problem is that contrast is very high on both Light Mode and Dark Mode. I have been circumventing that with programs like Vista Style Builder or QTTabBar. Parts of Windows Explorer that bring huge bleach are Folder pane and...
  3. Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different Background Colors for Folders in Windows Explorer: Hi, I work a lot with remote repositories and local copies which often have the same structure, equal filenames etc. So it is often really hard to see which path i am currently in. I would like to have the option to color a folder in a specific color and have all its...
  4. Explorer ribbon's background color problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer ribbon's background color problem: I'm having a problem with Explorer ribbon's background color. The background color of the ribbon should be grey but sometimes it switches to white for some parts of the ribbon while the rest is grey as expected. Any idea how to fix that? Windows 10 v2004 (x64) [img] 165690
  5. background colors

background colors: A couple days ago, when Windows 10 performed its automatic update, I was left with the color of my backgrounds all black. I want my taskbar black, my desktop a picture and all other backgrounds white. I was able to get the picture back on the desktop BUT, I cannot have the...
  6. File Background Colors

File Background Colors: Help having problems with the background color in one of my file folders on Windows 10. When I open it the background color is now Black and hard to read. How do I get it back to White?...
  7. How to change File Explorer background colors?

How to change File Explorer background colors?: My Windows 10 Home just updated to version 1809 and for some reason the Windows File Explorer background changed from white to a dark charcoal gray. I don't mind the gray so much, but it would be better if it were lighter. How do I change it? I've looked everywhere for an...
  8. How do we change the background color of file explorer?

How do we change the background color of file explorer?: We were able to do this with older versions of windows. As someone who deals with frequent migraines, that BRIGHT WHITE background is such a nightmare. Why would Windows remove a such a helpful feature? Is there some workaround besides high contrast? (High contrast...
  9. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...
  10. Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions

Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions: Good Afternoon, I have moved from FreeBSD to Win 10. The glaring white of the aforementioned objects is really painful to my old eyes. I cannot find references on Google about how to change this. I found one post that alleges this obnoxious color was hard coded. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to change file explorer color

2. change background explorer windows 10

3. change background in file explorer windows 10

4. file explorer colour change,
  5. how to change file explorer background color