Windows 10: background color of Mail app tile remains unchanged? how to change it?

Discus and support background color of Mail app tile remains unchanged? how to change it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I could personalisze the background color of all tiles of the start menu without any problem. However the background of the Mail app Tile cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenriZambra, Aug 21, 2020.

1. background color of Mail app tile remains unchanged? how to change it?

I could personalisze the background color of all tiles of the start menu without any problem.

However the background of the Mail app Tile cannot be modified and remains blue which gives a horrible aspect to the start menu.

How can I change this background? Why such an inconsistency in ? Thanks for your assistance.

:)

HenriZambra, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Change Tile Color/Background in Tablet mode

Hello Morgan,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Please be informed that you cant change color/background of individual tiles. However you can change the color accent color in the desktop composition by going to
    Settings>Personalization>Colors.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback hub app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu type
    Feedback hub app
    in search bar and navigate to the Feedback tab from the left-hand navigation menu. Post your suggestions in feedback hub app.

Hope it helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2020
  4. background color of Mail app tile remains unchanged? how to change it?

Changing the background color of apps

Hi,

There may be settings on your computer that has been changed that's why the background color of your apps has also changed. With Chrome, you may have added a color change extension to it which allows users to change its background color. With Microsoft Office
    applications, there are options to change its background color depending on which application you have open. Below are some of the option:

Change the background or color of a document

Add or change the background color of cells

Change the Office theme

However, for us to properly isolate this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Have you made any changes or performed any updates on your computer before this happened?
    • Aside from adjusting the appearance settings on your PC, what other steps have you tried?

If possible, we would like to ask for a screenshot of your Office applications to help us sort this out.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

background color of Mail app tile remains unchanged? how to change it?

1. background color of Mail app tile remains unchanged? how to change it? - Similar Threads - background color Mail

2. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiles Not Changing Color: Why some of my tiles calendar, groove music, photos, etc. have different background colors?It's actually my old color scheme, now I changed it but some apps didn't update it. It bugged me for so longPlease help, sorry for my bad english...
  3. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiles Not Changing Color: Why some of my tiles calendar, groove music, photos, etc. have different background colors?It's actually my old color scheme, now I changed it but some apps didn't update it. It bugged me for so longPlease help, sorry for my bad english...
  4. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. App background color changed to green - how to reset

App background color changed to green - how to reset: Hi TeamSome how some of applications backbround color is being displayed as green. Can you please let me know where should I change. Attached the few appliaions background colors - notepad, onenote, colormanagement applications....
  6. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  7. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  8. How to change background color

How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  9. Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails: [ATTACH] Hey r/Windows10! I am having a heck of a time getting the mail app to work for me I am wanting to make the app show a dark background where I type emails I've done the personlization dark mode but it doesnt change the email body, and I just cant seem to...
  10. Change app background color

Change app background color: I've been able to change most of the colors (Active & Inactive Title Bar, etc.) using Superfly's S.M.A.C.C. However, I'd like to change the background of certain apps, whose background always seems white. e.g. I notice that when I start Calculator, it flashes blue, then turns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 accent color tiles not changing taskbar