Windows 10: Background color of selected text

Discus and support Background color of selected text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hmm1, Jun 20, 2021.

1. hmm1 Win User

Background color of selected text

In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is very poor. I am not ready to go to the full high-contrast mode not old enough yet!. How would I change the background color of selected text and items from Windows settings?

:)

2. Kem Mon Win User

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Background color of selected text

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Background color of selected text

1. Background color of selected text - Similar Threads - Background color selected

2. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  3. Bug with background and text color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with background and text color: I'm using windows 11, Acer swift 3, and I've noticed a problem with my laptop on a few applicationsThis is what it looks like, the text and the background colours are the same so I can't see the option, if i hover my cursor over it, it does show but it's not very convenient...
  4. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  5. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?: I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-color-of/9297e5cf-dc7d-4cd4-9c8b-b8764d0848ad
  6. How do I change the text select color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the text select color?: When you select text (that it, when you double click a word or hold shift with arrows) the default color is blue. Some websites change this. Is there a way I can do it? If there's a way with WinAero Tweaker, I'd love to hear it too. submitted by /u/PeteyGANG [link]...
  7. Some text gets a weird color background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some text gets a weird color background: Some text on my computer, not just on the internet, gets a weird red/yellow/blue shadow behind it. Also, maybe all fonts are effected but it's more visible on some fonts rather than others. Also, just now when trying to upload an image of what it looks like, in the picture...
  8. Windows Text Background Color

Windows Text Background Color: Hey, since a while. Some of the Windows System Apps and Messages have a ligth green background. How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-text-background-color/33ad6d8f-6796-4829-b604-910184a5bf06
  9. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active: I have a Lenovo laptop and just recently upgraded back to Windows 10 and now I can not select (highlight) text and let up on the touch pad and have the text remain selected. It goes right back to being unselected. I try again, and same thing happens. Eventually it will...
  10. Text and background color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and background color change: Following the last automatic update to Windowws the background color and text color chnges on Excel and message boxesl ike this one. How to I change it back so I can see what is being entered?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHAT IS THE COLOUR OF A BACKGROUND WHEN U SELECT A TEXT

2. A specific color for a selected text on a computer screen