Windows 10: Background colour in windows explorer keeps resetting to white.

Discus and support Background colour in windows explorer keeps resetting to white. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to repeatedly return to Personalisation settings and set it to dark, but every time my system starts up again, my colours get re-set to white.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FromTheAshesOfTheOld, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Background colour in windows explorer keeps resetting to white.

I have to repeatedly return to Personalisation settings and set it to dark, but every time my system starts up again, my colours get re-set to white.

This is a mild problem, but it is nonetheless infuriating.

submitted by /u/FromTheAshesOfTheOld
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FromTheAshesOfTheOld, Apr 13, 2021

2. How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White

Is there an easy way to just change the file explorer background colour from white to another colour (light grey) with Win 10?

I don't want to change to a different theme etc such as high contrast etc...I just want to change the background colour of the main file explorer window.

Thanks
    Ray

raybellireland, Apr 13, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Background colour in windows explorer keeps resetting to white.

Changing the Window background colour from white to a pale colour for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

"window background colour from white to something softer", Are you referring to title bar of the window OR the white background in the file explorer, context menu etc.,?

If yes, Please be informed that this is by design and it cannot be changed from white to different color.

As this is the feature you would like to see in windows 10, you may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Background colour in windows explorer keeps resetting to white.

1. Background colour in windows explorer keeps resetting to white. - Similar Threads - Background colour explorer

2. Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and seem to have this really annoying bug when I set a wallpaper: When I set a picture as the wallpaper and restart Windows, it resets to a solid color. I have tried many things online but nothing seems to work such as:- DISM.exe clean-...
  3. Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and seem to have this really annoying bug when I set a wallpaper: When I set a picture as the wallpaper and restart Windows, it resets to a solid color. I have tried many things online but nothing seems to work such as:- DISM.exe clean-...
  4. How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I change the white ‘paper’ background colour?: Windows 10 Home, 20H2, build 19042.630 and MS Office Professional Plus 2016, v2011 (Build 13426.20274, Click-to-run), Current Channel. I am running both Windows and Office as a local account and not signed-in to online versions of either. All Office apps work fine but I...
  5. Windows background keeps changing to solid colour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows background keeps changing to solid colour.: [ATTACH] I've got a fairly weird bug on Windows 10, where no matter what background I set my desktop to, occasionally icons will begin to create a solid colour around them, and also I can "paint" boxes on the desktop by clicking and dragging. I can get the background back...
  6. File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer is Black & White - Search Area is White Text on White Background: Just recently updated Windows 10 to version 1903. Now my file explorer is black and white and the search bar near the top is white text on white background. I've used Dark Mode but I've never had this issue. How can I fix this?...
  7. my background/file explorer are all coloured black

in Windows 10 Customization
    my background/file explorer are all coloured black: Can someone help me understand why my File Explorer and Google Search Bar are black. I was changing my colours and themes but I cannot see any place that I changed anything to black. Have reset to default and still my File Explorer is black background. Help Please...
  8. background colour changed from white to black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background colour changed from white to black: The background colour of my screen changed to black in email and many other places. I did nothing to change it- it just happened. I hate it. How do I get it back to normal?...
  9. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  10. How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White

How do i change File Explorer Background Colour from White: Is there an easy way to just change the file explorer background colour from white to another colour (light grey) with Win 10? I don't want to change to a different theme etc such as high contrast etc...I just want to change the background colour of the main file explorer...