Windows 10: Background colour inversion

Discus and support Background colour inversion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my cat sat on my laptop and somehow turned on the High Contrast which caused the background colours to invert. I turned the high contrast off, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CharlotteAllen4, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Background colour inversion

Hi, my cat sat on my laptop and somehow turned on the High Contrast which caused the background colours to invert. I turned the high contrast off, but I still have a black background in the address bars, in the drop down menus and, most irritatingly, in Excel, which has a black background and white writing. I cannot find how to return the settings to normal, and the cat isn´t talking...

:)

CharlotteAllen4, Jul 10, 2019
  2. 3epna Win User

my glance background is inverse

Background colour inversion 205056d0-b12a-40c8-8d0c-db73a8a24a79.jpg

sometimes my glance background in Lumia 920 is inverse, why? Is there solution for this?

3epna, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows 10 Creaters update Colour inversion/Night Mode bug

Hi,

To properly isolate the issue, we need additional information:

• Have you tried changing your background color to high contrast?
    • Was the Magnifier turned on before you select the color inversion?
    • Did you try to refresh your device and try if issue still persists after restarting?

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Jul 10, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Background colour inversion

Application Colour Inversion

No guarantees...….
    Suggest to check your High Contrast setting. See if it is turned On.
    Settings > Personalisation > right side, High Contrast Settings > under Use High Contrast, is it turned on ?

davidhk, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Background colour inversion

1. Background colour inversion - Similar Threads - Background colour inversion

2. Inversed Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inversed Touchscreen: About a month or so ago my laptop reversed its touchscreen. Ill touch the top corner and the laptop will show as I had touched the bottom corner. Its quite frustrating and I can't figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions?...
  3. Inversed Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inversed Touchscreen: About a month or so ago my laptop reversed its touchscreen. Ill touch the top corner and the laptop will show as I had touched the bottom corner. Its quite frustrating and I can't figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions?...
  4. Inverse Scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inverse Scrolling: So, whenever I get a new mouse or in my case a new motherboard and new cpu, I change my mouse scrolling to inverse. So, up is down and down is up. I've tried changing FlipFlopWheel in regedit under the correct device path ID, but strangely this time the changes aren't taking...
  5. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  6. background colours correction

in Windows 10 Customization
    background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  7. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  8. Photos background colour?

Photos background colour?: Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it? 120248
  9. Change Folder Background Colour

Change Folder Background Colour: How to change Folder Background Colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-folder-background-colour/1ad34827-a83d-4f7b-afa6-3b7e1cc91499
  10. Application Colour Inversion

in Windows 10 Support
    Application Colour Inversion: After last MS update all applications are colour Inverted. However the Desktop isn/t inverted. Have tried to restore to earlier date but it fails. Messing around with Magnifier settings doesn't work. Setttng every thing as High Contrast does change colurs but everthing is,...