Windows 10: background defaulted, files gone I think

Discus and support background defaulted, files gone I think in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So when I login with my pin to my Microsoft account, I login and see my wallpaper has defaulted and my desktop is not arranged as I had it, nor does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iamRanked, Mar 4, 2021.

1. iamRanked Win User

background defaulted, files gone I think

So when I login with my pin to my Microsoft account, I login and see my wallpaper has defaulted and my desktop is not arranged as I had it, nor does it possess all the programs I originally had on it. I even tried to play this game and join a Zoom call only to find out that both programs were no longer on my computer, despite the fact that others were maybe due to me installing those as an administrator or something?. Also, my history seems to be wiped from Chrome too. Is there a way for me to log into my account and actually have access to all my files/programs again as I did normally?

:)

iamRanked, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 4, 2021
  4. background defaulted, files gone I think

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

background defaulted, files gone I think

1. background defaulted, files gone I think - Similar Threads - background defaulted files

2. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  3. background setting default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  4. How do I change the background to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background to default: how to I change the background display to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-default/c4f68526-07c6-4e79-86f4-c6ee58378b17
  5. Default Background Apps

Default Background Apps: When I go into Settings and select Privacy/Background Apps the Settings app shuts down. Does anyone have any ideas whys this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-background-apps/85814444-9273-4c9c-9a4c-6242de404c4b
  6. apps gone, background gone

apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  7. Default mail gone awry

Default mail gone awry: Good day all... I'm having some trouble getting the correct mail program to handle things I wish to send. We used to run with Lotus/IBM Notes, but have switched to Outlook. Our workstations are Windows 10. The default mail program selected is, of course, Outlook. We cannot...
  8. Opening Files I Think

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files I Think: Every time I try to download a file it won't download the right way or I can't put it in my game because it keeps on downloading with Internet Explorer. I have downloaded another app to download files or whatever, but it keeps on going back to internet explorer and won't let...
  9. Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions

Changing Default Background Color for File Explorer and Applicaions: Good Afternoon, I have moved from FreeBSD to Win 10. The glaring white of the aforementioned objects is really painful to my old eyes. I cannot find references on Google about how to change this. I found one post that alleges this obnoxious color was hard coded. Can...
  10. Default Pictures Folder is Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Pictures Folder is Gone: For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I look at the locations tab and it says it's in my User Folder. Though it does not appear inside of the User Folder, whereas...