Windows 10: Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

Discus and support Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Silverpulser, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync your settings" to On with all of the options set to On. However, a week later and I still have not had my desktop background image changed to be the same as my other computers two more desktops and two laptops which have all synchronised with the same background image. I have tried to unsync and resync without effect. I have also checked the D word value is set to 1 in the registry at Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SettingSync\Groups\DesktopTheme Value Enabled .

I realize that sync isn't always instantaneous but how long should I wait? A week seems more than long enough to me. Help would be very much appreciated.

Shaun

:)

Silverpulser, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

1. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop - Similar Threads - Background desktop image

2. Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.: Any time I create a new folder on my desktop, the background image disappears and becomes black. I can manually re-assign a background image. The image will also reappear if I restart the computer. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to stop this from happening....
  3. Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.: Any time I create a new folder on my desktop, the background image disappears and becomes black. I can manually re-assign a background image. The image will also reappear if I restart the computer. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or how to stop this from happening....
  4. Windows 10 - creating a new desktop folder removes desktop background image.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop background is not syncing in Windows 10

Desktop background is not syncing in Windows 10: HI all I login to one of my laptops. Change desktop background to a locally held picture. I would expect that background to be replicated across to my other laptop but it does not do so. I have tried toggling settings on and off but still does not work. I did try...
  6. Desktop background are not sync with in settings.

Desktop background are not sync with in settings.: I set a new background theme and I realized that the picture is not in sync. Say the picture in my settings is B, while the picture on my desktop is A. I'll give pictures so that you can understand it better.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, my desktop picture is...
  7. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  8. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  9. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  10. Saved image desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565