Windows 10: Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message

Discus and support Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having this issue for a while now. It started happening once every month or so but now it's happening almost weekly. The majority of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Balkan Bloodpaw, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message

Been having this issue for a while now. It started happening once every month or so but now it's happening almost weekly. The majority of all background and foreground programs crash simultaneously for no explicit reason and is quickly becoming problematic and I've been unable to find a solution online much less find and talk to anyone having this issue. Event Viewer logs several errors that seem to happen shortly before the crash with sources pointing to DistributedCOM and ESENT. I'm not entirely sure they're the cause but due to the close proximity of these occurrences to the crash leads me to suspect they maybe involved.

The DistributedCOM Event reads as follows:

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user BLOODWOLF\Balka SID S-1-5-21-304864493-3130636496-99912251-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

I've tried searching in the Component Services MMC but I'm at a loss as to where and what it is.

The ESENT Event reads as follows:

"svchost 18612,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log."

I'm not entirely sure what either of these mean, they are entirely new to me. I've run both SFC and CHKDSK as a precautionary measure in the hopes they might turn up something. In the meantime, I'm throwing this out there in the hopes someone else had this issue and found a fix.

:)

Balkan Bloodpaw, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Lars Gard Win User

An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, Jan 17, 2020
  3. GeneRozea Win User
    I've found that warning (alert) pop ups go the background instead of foreground as an alert should. Is there a setting that controls that in W10?

I've found that warning (alert) pop ups go the background instead of foreground as an alert should. Is there a setting that controls that in W10?

For instance, trying to replace a file with one of the same name - the warning pop up didn't go to the foreground so the warning wasn't seen until both browser instances were closed.

GeneRozea, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message

Hi GeneRozea,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• When you say, "warning (alert) pop ups go the background instead of foreground" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Where exactly are you facing this? Is it on browser or somewhere else?
    • If on browser, which browser are you using?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message

1. Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message - Similar Threads - Background Foreground Programs

2. Computer crashes without error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes without error message: My nephew's computer built by my son recently began crashing unexpectedly when he runs graphics heavy games. It doesn't reboot, the power button doesn't work...you pretty much have to turn the power off at the switch on the back, turn it on and then hit the power button. When...
  3. Computer crashes without error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes without error message: My nephew's computer built by my son recently began crashing unexpectedly when he runs graphics heavy games. It doesn't reboot, the power button doesn't work...you pretty much have to turn the power off at the switch on the back, turn it on and then hit the power button. When...
  4. Computer crashes without error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Foreground Background FPS swapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Foreground Background FPS swapped: My foreground and background FPS have been swapped. For example, I get 60 FPS when the game is running in the background but when I open it up, my FPS drops to 1.Things I’ve tried:Resetting PC resetting everythingSystem restoresDDUUpdated ALL drivers chipset, processor...
  6. Foreground Background FPS swapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Foreground Background FPS swapped: My foreground and background FPS have been swapped. For example, I get 60 FPS when the game is running in the background but when I open it up, my FPS drops to 1.Things I’ve tried:Resetting PC resetting everythingSystem restoresDDUUpdated ALL drivers chipset, processor...
  7. Foreground Background FPS swapped

8. Apps closing down without warning or error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps closing down without warning or error message: Since installing the latest windows update a couple of months ago, office apps and chrome just shut down suddenly with no warning or error message. Sometimes they are fine for long periods of time and then will close several times in rapid succession. What is going on and...
  9. windows 10 is still restarting without any error messages or warning.

windows 10 is still restarting without any error messages or warning.: windows 10 is restarting without any error messages or warning. problem bagan just this week aftwe years of nop roblem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-is-still-restarting-without-any-error/f0e5583c-176e-46a9-b96a-79e33ed883b7
  10. Programs exit randomly without any error message

Programs exit randomly without any error message: I upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and now for some reason programs like word excel and chrome will just exit by themselves. I do not recieve errors. When word or excel close if I am working on a document that I have not saved it gives me the dialog asking...